Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune....

thats why i always go to a local shop and have them hit it with a 1/2" impact to loosen it, then i limp home

1000000000000000 times easier

If you haven't noticed, I love to make things harder on myself when it comes to my car, not because i try, but it just happens lol. Nothing. ever. goes. right.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score

thats the same with me, but since i am not a glutton for punshment, i learn to make things easier the SECOND time, lol

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Got the timing all set, alternator, power steering pump installed, turbo mounted (loosely), etc. Just need to tighten the stuff down, check valve clearances, valve cover and fill her up with oil and coolant, and then it's running again! woo! Finally!

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score

Mine took an acetylene torch to get off the crank bish was cherry red before it moved.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Yeah it was fun... got it off and retorqued to over 181psi. lol. That SOB is never coming off again lol.

Should finish up Sunday evening and be calling in for a re-tune date ASAP Monday morning!

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Well if it's not one thing, its another. Gotta go find a used dizzy, cause one of the prongs snapped off. Also, it started but timing/ignition was off, so gotta reset all the timing and try again lol.... effing a...

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score

i really need to stop being lazy/poor and buy me an ostrich.......

Back