6 gears > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]...completed.

Raul

Reaction score
Re: 6 > 4

Chris is ballllinnnnn! lol still you are lucky to find someone to help you with the swap. How much are you looking to spend if you dont mind me asking? PM me!

4 cyl:
buy car with 5pd.
done.
:duckhunt:

yea i should have gone through that route in the past:run:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Awesome! Always love to see another 6spd swap. Good luck with everything Chris!

Thanks Tommy!

4 cyl:
buy car with 5pd.
done.
:duckhunt:

lol...yep this is simpler

Winning! This will bring your car that much closer to perfection. IMO, of course.

Is your auto showing signs of going now or are you just wanting to finally get the 6spd in there?

Thanks buddy. The auto is still working okay...just the normal quirks all 6GA 4spds have, which may or may not be due to the way I drive the car and changing the fluid every 6k miles. Anyway, the main reason is with getting married in June and taking on buying a house/paying off my wife's car/student loans, me getting a new car I actually want anytime soon is pretty much ruled out if anything were to happen to this one. So I thought why not make the Accord significantly more bulletproof, as well as fun.

Yes!

That is all I need to say.

:thumbsup:

I love my 5spd swap on my 4cyl. And it's under a grand opposed to a 6spd swap. lol Teasing aside, good luck! I hope all goes well!!!

Yep it's chunk of change, but I'm getting a killer deal on the labor, so this will end up being cheaper than I originally planned. But MT ftw! :)

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

We jealous of your LSD:naughty:
LSD FTW!!!!!:lawl:
Thanks Tommy!

lol...yep this is simpler

Thanks buddy. The auto is still working okay...just the normal quirks all 6GA 4spds have, which may or may not be due to the way I drive the car and changing the fluid every 6k miles. Anyway, the main reason is with getting married in June and taking on buying a house/paying off my wife's car/student loans, me getting a new car I actually want anytime soon is pretty much ruled out if anything were to happen to this one. So I thought why not make the Accord significantly more bulletproof, as well as fun.

:thumbsup:

Yep it's chunk of change, but I'm getting a killer deal on the labor, so this will end up being cheaper than I originally planned. But MT ftw! :)

Damn I bet you are getting one hell of a deal plus you get to meet Rich and have him make sure your swap magic harness is done correctly.

seriously tho

The question I have is.

are you going to be my 6 spd brotha at IA?:beer:

Mikey

Reaction score

Yeah. For, Im assuming, a few grand, you can pretty much make this car an almost 100% reliable car. Might as well be brand new, too. :p Now all you need is a 3.2 ;)
Ive always said that the tranny is the one thing keeping this car from perfection. If the autos werent, literally, tragic I dont know that i could ever get rid of it. My fear is the manual itself. I know HOW to drive but have had little to no street experience and Id hate to put *MY* car through the trials and tribulations of a noob manual driver, lol. It might happen one day, who knows.
In the meantime, Ill live vicariously through everyone on here, lol. Good luck and I cant wait for the write up. :thumbup:

redlinevtec

Reaction score

Yeah. For, Im assuming, a few grand, you can pretty much make this car an almost 100% reliable car. Might as well be brand new, too. :p Now all you need is a 3.2 ;)
Ive always said that the tranny is the one thing keeping this car from perfection. If the autos werent, literally, tragic I dont know that i could ever get rid of it. My fear is the manual itself. I know HOW to drive but have had little to no street experience and Id hate to put *MY* car through the trials and tribulations of a noob manual driver, lol. It might happen one day, who knows.
In the meantime, Ill live vicariously through everyone on here, lol. Good luck and I cant wait for the write up. :thumbup:

I broke the drivers side fork that holds the strut in place and haven't been able to drive my car since Tuesday (waiting for part to come in). And man I miss driving my car already. Driving a 5spd isn't hard to learn. You just gotta get it down at first. Trust me, if my girl can do it you can do it! lol

Mikey

Reaction score

Oh, I know I can do it. However, the only practice Id get would be in my only car, which is my DD. And no one else I know, knows how to drive one so Id have to pick up on things on my own. If it werent my only car or if i had the means/car to do so on weekends or something, Id totally do it.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score

YES. now your car is diamonds. well going to be. congrats man! oh and mikey, when i picked up my car, 1st,3rd, and reverse didnt work. still test drove it like that :lawl:. **** got fixed before i actually got it though.

i learned on a 1985 jetta, and it was hard haha, its easy after a day or so of driving

Back