New G23 Thread

Egi7

Reaction score
This mini-me iam guessing was a d-series with a obd2 dizzy correct? I can garantee that most pep will end up throwing a code on this g build. Someone please, for yourselves, look at the f23 dizzy diagram and compare it to what ever H dizzy you are using, an decide what you want to do. Kinda like what I did on page #? on my G23 thread. We can post all night until the morning but I think this issue has been addressed enough.

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
Alright fellas just as we were happy yesterday for the head I am extremely mad now. The seller told me last night that the head had not been cc'ed or installed at all. :furious: I had til Saturday to buy it but now im extremely worried. A ported head sounds good but if it hasnt been tested it not worth it. So, scrap that head ill just have to find a new one and who cares about negative feedback. Just found a shop in Glen Burnie, MD that will help do the swap. They also do port and polish and compression tests when they complete the port and polish. I start my head search once again. This time ill do the head work myself with a little help from others.

Sonnick

Reaction score
Like Mike has been saying, it is not as easy as some people think. I thought me and a couple friends would be able to do it, and might still be (considering one does engine swaps), but the research will continue..there's a whole lot to learn on the subject, and if you want to do it..READ READ READ! :thumbsup:

Kid, just ask him to have it compression tested, if not then don't buy it. Good luck with it.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
wow, so much hate LOL

i wanna clarify one thing also... u can use a GSR belt if u're keeping the F23 lower timing gear.... if u're swapping in the H23 lower timing gear, then use the H23 timing belt.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dont see why you couldn't use that head. Sure you don't know what kind of work was done to it but you can just as easily send it out to get it CC'd and given a once over.

You can't do any compression test unless the head is bolted on anyways.

S-spec

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
I dont see why you couldn't use that head. Sure you don't know what kind of work was done to it but you can just as easily send it out to get it CC'd and given a once over.

You can't do any compression test unless the head is bolted on anyways.

Its much harder to repair some1's shabby work than it is to do it right the first time. IMO, you should never buy a ported head unless flowcharts come with it, and if the combustion chamber has been touched, either proof that its been CCed, or a compression test to ensure that it was done consistently.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
ok..... the mechanics tried turning the crank and the belt got loose despite being tighten as much as possible... H23 timing belt is gonna have to be replaced, and not sure which one... i told them abt using the GSR belt with the F23 lower timng gear, but they said the GSR belt is too fat and will hit other belts? can someone confirm this? they bought a couple other belts to try out, but i'm stumped as to why the GSR belt is too fat despite a lot of ppl saying it will work...

S-spec

Reaction score
I just checked the build on honda-tech, and it said that all the timing components, so I assume the tensioner included, ar from the h23. perhaps that is where your problem lies?

Back