DIY:replica tail lights

kevo

Reaction score
ok so since i have a new born at home all he dose is sleep so during that time im board, so with that being said i went ahead and made some replica tail lights. If im correct they are called EDM? NotNice had some and i fell in love so i had to have them here you go enjoy!

Bought Clear lights:

Then bought some Dark red tint 12x12 and Amber orange tint 12x12 along with some tint aplicators

instalation: make sure your hands stay wet with soapy water/app solution when dealing with the exposed sticky side of the tint, douse lense with soapy water/ app solution, place tint on lense and move in place, use wedge wraped in non lint cloth to protect from tears or scratches, start from the center out to remove water from under the tint, use heat gun/ dryer to get the edges stuck, razor blade to shape, heat and tuck tint around the edge, BOOM your Done 123 easy

So yeah there are imperfections but im no expert on tint they are not major just some small wrinkles on the inner sides that are tucked in. but hey this is a cheap cool mod and looks good so REP if you found this useful.

i will post night pics later:thumbsup:

NIGHT TIME THEY LOOK SO SICK:

Last edited:

LeAccord

Reaction score
Re: replica tail lights

cool nice job. would look much better if the red tint was aligned with the centre brake light thingy.

kevo

Reaction score

cool nice job. would look much better if the red tint was aligned with the centre brake light thingy.

i would have but the housing of the outer tail lights dosent line up with the center tail light. if i would have made them even the red would have covered a quarter of the blinker side, but thanks!

i was thinking the same thing, or even if you left the top clear

no the clear and red is not appealing to me but i would have had less work to do if i did it that way :lawl:

cjsaccord

Reaction score

they look good but you were probably better off buying the red/clear tails on ebay and just tint the clear part amber IMO.
where are you guys getting these clear coupe tails from?

kevo

Reaction score

they look good but you were probably better off buying the red/clear tails on ebay and just tint the clear part amber IMO.
where are you guys getting these clear coupe tails from?

i did think about that but i got thease clear ones for 25 on ebay which was cheaper then the red clear i would have only saved 30 mins no money lol

i found a site but i forgot what it was but these are close almost all clear good deal:beer2:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Accord-Coupe-rear-light-left-lamp-driver-side-corner-tail-lense-98-02-/261091082595?hash=item3cca3dc163&item=261091082595&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score

i hink the vht red tint looks better than the film. the film looks cheap IMO

Back