New Accord owner (possibly)

Travisf90

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 98 Accord 2.3 5 speed it's been sitting for about 2 year the guy doesn't know how to change out the hub bearing and does have the tools. 300000 miles has records of the service work from Honda pretty well maintained its a CA car I'm in PA so no rust and he said 600-700 takes it. Would it be worth it also what should I look for before committing to it I'm not worried about working on it I got the tools and knowledge on how to fix most things

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Condition really says it all. The F23 will run for a while, if maintained. Basically a hub on these cars is very simple, doesn't take much to do. Parts are cheap also. 600 is worth it, if everything checks out. Just be sure to check out the maintenance records (if any) and go from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'd ask him if he started it every month at least. What were the storage conditions? Does it currently start and run? 2 years is a good bit of time.

If you are going to have it transported I have a guy I almost used recently, he seemed extraordinary.

Travisf90

Reaction score
It's sitting outside on concrete he hasn't started in it a few months probably not since June or July has a dented up fender but besides that seems sold illhave to jack it up and climb underneath to look I'm not afraid to work on car I put the motor and transmission in the civic I have now so that's no problem it would be more of a project for winter

Trippinsolzz

Reaction score
To be honest I've seen a f23 5 speed with 180K sold for 1 k. Just cosmetic issues always maintained correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accordx

Reaction score
Honestly 600-700 isn't a bad price, I'd probably offer 500. It's a little unnerving to know the car has been sitting for a while though, but if everything checks out and you feel like it's a good buy, go for it.

padlock

Reaction score
I agree with the others. I would offer 500, if been sitting 2 years n clue on what other issues you might find.

Back