[Updated 12/28] J32 Swap [Wiring]

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 3/14] J32 Swap [Engine Mounted]

Going a lot faster on this than I am. Wish I had enough money for my last few parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, don't really want to talk about cash right now. I didn't have a new clutch and flywheel on my list when I first bought the engine. In the last few days I've spent $400 for parts that I didn't expect to need: Dash Harness, Bracket for shifter cables, clutch slave cylinder.

Are you going for a J32 swap? I thought you were going with a J30 6spd.

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Yea, don't really want to talk about cash right now. I didn't have a new clutch and flywheel on my list when I first bought the engine. In the last few days I've spent $400 for parts that I didn't expect to need: Dash Harness, Bracket for shifter cables, clutch slave cylinder.

Are you going for a J32 swap? I thought you were going with a J30 6spd.

Yea I'll do J32, if I can find one for a decent price. Right now I'm just doing J30 because I haven't found one lol

Varnell

Reaction score

Here's a pic of the shiny new headers and front Innovative motor mount to hold me over while I wait on one more part. Still trying to make sense of the wiring.

20150320_145920.jpg

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Here's a pic of the shiny new headers and front Innovative motor mount to hold me over while I wait on one more part. Still trying to make sense of the wiring.

20150320_145920.jpg

Did you get Rich's harness?

Varnell

Reaction score

I believe his harness is only for the auto J32? I'm working with a J32 6MT. The only wiring required is a few pins on the engine harness and repinning the accord dash harness to the 6MT connector e plug.

I stayed away from going the auto J32/Accord 6MT route since I knew I would never be able to get my hands on the Richie harness and I wanted to find out what all the LSD hype was about.

Varnell

Reaction score

Finally got the bracket to hold the shifter cables in place. Still need to install the pedals and finish the wiring. Currently looking for a way to get the temp gauge to work. Hoping I can splice into the 16 pin connector that plugs into the gauge cluster.

Varnell

Reaction score

^Thanks for the link. I suppose this is an option if I can't trace the wire and pin it to the CL-S connector.

2. Find yourself some spare "B" and "C" OBD2B ECU plugs with a few wires still pinned in, and repin them for only the power, ground, sensor ground, ECT in, and ECT out. Basically running the stock ECU for the sole purpose of converting the ECT signal. This is the poor man's fix (my favorite kind), and I'll go into more detail about how to perform it later.

bluiezaccord

Reaction score

Hey man. I called you the other day but no answer.

If you look at the picture that I've provided, you can find those connectors behind the cluster. Connector C, Pin 2 YEL/GRN (ECT input) is the wire that I used. I tried connecting that wire directly to the CL-S ECU. No luck.

Upon more research, I've found that the 98-99 cluster takes different signals because for those years, they have a separate ect sending unit on the motor instead of using the ECU.

I found a 2002 coupe v6 cluster on ebay for $60. Connected the Connector C wire, Pin 2 to the ECT out on the CL-S ecu and it finally worked.

But then again in not 100% that it won't work with the 98-99 cluster as my cluster was going bad. So you can try what I did with your original cluster and see if it works. And if it doesn't work, you can try the second route.

Hopefully this wasn't too confusing to read. Call or text me if you want man.

Varnell

Reaction score

Hey man. I called you the other day but no answer.

If you look at the picture that I've provided, you can find those connectors behind the cluster. Connector C, Pin 2 YEL/GRN (ECT input) is the wire that I used. I tried connecting that wire directly to the CL-S ECU. No luck.

Upon more research, I've found that the 98-99 cluster takes different signals because for those years, they have a separate ect sending unit on the motor instead of using the ECU.

I found a 2002 coupe v6 cluster on ebay for $60. Connected the Connector C wire, Pin 2 to the ECT out on the CL-S ecu and it finally worked.

But then again in not 100% that it won't work with the 98-99 cluster as my cluster was going bad. So you can try what I did with your original cluster and see if it works. And if it doesn't work, you can try the second route.

Hopefully this wasn't too confusing to read. Call or text me if you want man.

Thanks! I actually have the original 99 cluster and a 2002 cluster since I wanted to swap over to the red needles. I can just use the 2002 and put the black faces in.

I kinda have a stalker from school right now so I didn't recognize your number and didn't answer. lol

Back