AEM dry filter

clevengercm

Reaction score
Just put it on my Short ram intake..Took place of a POS APC filter...It definetly sounds like its sucking some air when I hit the throttle..

Attachments

• accord engine small.JPG
    accord engine small.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 232

Slowtime

Reaction score
i just found this post but i agree. i got so tired of my cai pulling apart, so i made it a short ram and when i hit the throttle i feel the diff big time!

justvtec

Reaction score
A guys is it tru that the SRI screams louder than the CAI??????????????

blindside

Reaction score
I have an SRI that came with the AEM dry filter, it's not as loud as my generic one before but it's alright, i think it's louder than my exhaust... lol

Slowtime

Reaction score
sadkorean34 said:
yes i think so. I think SRI is louder than CAI by far..
@ least inside of the car.

well from my experience it is. when i went from stock airbox to CAI, i noticed a change everso slight, now that i went from CAI with an AEM bypass, to just a SRI, i REALLY notice the diff when i accelerate. I feel the air pullin inward and i feel less strain on the engine if that makes any sense. The throttle responce IMO is so much diff than a CAI.

silencer

Reaction score
not trying to be a smartass but just curious, the reason SRI is louder than CAI is because it pulls more air right? but since the engine wants the same amount of air particles, could it because SRI is pulling warmer air than CAI, which air elements are bigger (heated up air) than CAI (colder air = smaller element)? therefore SRI needs to suck more air in in order to get the same amount of air elements in as CAI ?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
cold air is better cuz the air molecules are closer together = more air. the warmer the air, the less dense the air youre sucking in is = the less power you get..........only reason i love winter with my CAI, haha. SRi is louder simply because its closer to the intake mani and cuz its closer to you in general. its right under the hood and close to the firewall, insted of being up front behind the bumper. also cuz the tube is shorter.

Back