DIY Battery Relocation

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Awesome man! Wish I could do the same, but my piping goes where your box is located. You were able to do this, because your piping was routed differently, not in that area.

Got the same problem.... If only i would have thought some things through... haha

akoutmos

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback!

Not bad at all. Nice fab work.

Miss your windshield washer fluid at all?

The washer fluid is on the opposite side on the 4 cylinder. What side is it on the V6s?

damn makes the bay look real clean. nice mod man. but wouldnt it get wet going through puddles/when it rains?

I've driven it through the rain, and most of the wetness comes from the hood vent. The battery is pretty well protected by the under splash gaurd and the wheel well.

Ralphie

Reaction score
How do you access the battery when the car dies?

Don't tell me you gotta pull the bumper?

I do like the location but if you have to remove the bumper to jump the battery i think the trunk is the better spot.

akoutmos

Reaction score
How do you access the battery when the car dies?

Don't tell me you gotta pull the bumper?

I do like the location but if you have to remove the bumper to jump the battery i think the trunk is the better spot.

The positive terminal can be accessed though the hole where the stock intake piping used to pass through. Then for negative any part of the chassis will do. There are also a bunch of grounding wires connecting to various parts of the engine bay and the engine.

Atreidies

Reaction score
AK - It's a great idea. My only comment/concern is maybe adding a mounting point on the bottom of the cage. I could see that thing moving out from the body when hitting sharp bumps and eventually breaking away.

Back