Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune....

Got the distributor moments ago at work. Took it apart and everything looks good. Have to modify it to fit the MSD Ignition setup using old parts and adjust timing later tonight after work and see what happens......

Drift

Reaction score

Got the distributor moments ago at work. Took it apart and everything looks good. Have to modify it to fit the MSD Ignition setup using old parts and adjust timing later tonight after work and see what happens......

Why bother modifying it? The OEM ignition is more than enough. Get rid of that MSD garbage.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Why bother modifying it? The OEM ignition is more than enough. Get rid of that MSD garbage.

Well I already have the MSD Ignition, its' already installed, and to run more than 12psi, the OEM ignition was failing at anything past that... so the MSD Ignition fixed that issue....

Drift

Reaction score

Whats your plug gap?

hotaccord243

Reaction score

You name it, i've tried it before and after the MSD.

But right now just slightly under .020, without looking or remembering i think right around .018 or so....

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Well, found a leak in the headgasket, so gotta start the whole process over again for a new headgasket....

The other problem is, I got the timing all set correctly, but gotta replace the headgasket first, re-set the timing, and lastly, zero out the timing on the AEM, adjust the timing (advance/retard on AEM) and have a buddy with a timing light to let me know when it is all ligned up, then i confirm and all is back to normal again. This is confirmed by my tuner.

Apparently I missed a step, but do to the leaky head gasket, I need to re-do, what I just did. lol.... I will let you know when this all finally done, and running... fuuuuuuuu

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

what do you predict the numbers will be? are you upping the boost or anything?

Back