Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

98acclude

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune....

this thread has been interesting... keep leaving me on cliff hangers the whole time though... lol Im ready for numbers! :D

hotaccord243

Reaction score

what do you predict the numbers will be? are you upping the boost or anything?

I'm not going to try to predict numbers... but max this turbo out. Sell it, upgrade over winter, Max that one out also next season....

98acclude; said:
this thread has been interesting... keep leaving me on cliff hangers the whole time though... lol Im ready for numbers!

I'm trying to keep the thread informative for people... and also leave people hang and build excitement.... :)

New headgasket arrives Monday.... This weekend i'm going to get it at least the head off so when it comes, it goes straight on, and re-install everything...

I'll probably borrow a timing light from someone rather than buying to get the timing right.... if everything goes right... (which so far is a harder task than i thought...) I should be able to set up an appointment for a tune next week.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Head is off (AGAIN....) definitely bad head gasket, drained all the coolant and oil (it was fresh stuff too..) and i'm picking up the head gasket today and putting it all back together tonight.

Now all i need is a buddy with a timing light to help out... lol. This last step will take about 5-10 minutes tops and i'm back up and running...

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Well Head Gasket is on, turbo, IM, coolant piping, wires etc. attached.
I also found a timing light to borrow from someone....

Went to reset the timing before the valve cover gasket, and when re-tightening the adjustment bolt for the timing belt tensioner pulley to put some tension back on the belt and it snapped off in the block and the head of the bolt fell on the floor.....

Good news is the hole doesn't go straight into the block it has a back to it due to the casing on the side of the block. Bad news is it's sunk in below the surface.... If it's not 1 thing its 5 things wrong for me... LOL.

So this weekend i'm going to try three options (obviously all involve PB blaster or an oil penetration substance):
1) get a left hand drill bit from somewhere and try to reverse it out since it's not rusted in there.
2) If that doesn't work, i'll try drilling a pilot hole and use an easy out....
3) Last try will be enlarging the hole, re-tapping, and using a larger bolt.... ugh.

Unless anyone has any other ideas.....or things to try?

9450erick

Reaction score

man everything that really sucks.
you need a torque wrench ma friend:lawl:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

yeah true. but still I'm barely going to have enough time to finish as it is since we only have three weeks left in this class.

Back