DIY: Using OEM Fog Switch with Civic Harness and Foglights

drey

Reaction score
Thanks russianred for some help.
I only found this thread after I attempted this on the weekend. I tried it on the weekend, and only saw this post yesterday.

I guess I'm still on my own. Yes I'm using the cruise control harness, but it's still pretty much the same thing from the oem switch control. It's the civic color wires that have me confused.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Ah, I see.. education by error :D

Hey man, why don't you post an actual pic of the 4 wires coming from your harness, but make sure you can tell what color each one is in the pic.. that may assist me in helping you..

drey

Reaction score
i was able to do it wire it tonight, but like you mentioned...i cant get the oem switch light to come.

drey

Reaction score
It's not burnt out because I tried it on the cruise control harness. I must say it's so nice to have a real fog switch...the other one was annoying to use and to look at lol

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Weird.. I guess maybe you mixed up two wires, because there are actually two lights on the switch. I'm not sure, but tweaking around may solve it, or make it worse. Just remember how you have it set up now.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
question...

do your fogs turn off automatically when the car is turned off? like the OEM headlights do?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
The way my fogs are wired, they are off as long as the parking lights are off. They will not turn on unless the knob is clicked once to turn parking lights on. This is due to the fog harness trigger wire being tapped into the parking light idle wire. This also prevents you from accidentally leaving your fogs on when all other lights are off.

Rep if you find this DIY, info useful :thumbsup:

Last edited:

KnightRyder

Reaction score
gotcha. man that civic wiring thread is driving me stupid.... 44 pages of trial and error and i still dont know which method to try.

im not doing this on my car... doing this on Lemon's car, he'll be here any minute and i have to try to figure this ish out now :(

Back