megan racing strut tower bar

scrapnav6

Reaction score
well thanks for the advice.... now another question

do you guys remove the stock strut bar when you install your aftermarket one? it dosnt look like it would get in the way

truWarier02

Reaction score
what i did was take off the little stock bars.. place the megan on.. and place the little stock bars on top of it.

some people say you don't need the 2 small bars but i just left it on.

scrapnav6

Reaction score
thanks guys, ill probably just leave them on b/c i almost got the bar on with them on yesterday.

now i just gotta get those last 2 nuts off eventually:boohoo:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
try some pliers or vice grips. theyre already ruined, so you cant make them worse, and you have to buy new ones, so its not like theyre going back on.

phi1542

Reaction score
Didn't want to waste making a new thread so I will just comment here. So today I got my megan racing race spec strut bar. I went to install it but it didn't work out so well. It was too long but I read you have to take the ends off then install the bar so I'll try that another time when it's not 100 degrees outside lol but there is those 2 bars in the way. I'm trying to figure out how to take them out. I took out the 12mm bolts and I felt under the bar near the fire wall there is not bolt or nut holding it on. It's a flat lump so do I just hammer it off? Here's a pic of the piece I need to connect and the little bar. It's a megan racing race spec bar

5d3a21a0f6e8515cf97d1fcf86c447a8.jpg

b9385f8856846da67981f0fd9c6fcf49.jpg

guytv

Reaction score
Didn't want to waste making a new thread so I will just comment here. So today I got my megan racing race spec strut bar. I went to install it but it didn't work out so well. It was too long but I read you have to take the ends off then install the bar so I'll try that another time when it's not 100 degrees outside lol but there is those 2 bars in the way. I'm trying to figure out how to take them out. I took out the 12mm bolts and I felt under the bar near the fire wall there is not bolt or nut holding it on. It's a flat lump so do I just hammer it off? Here's a pic of the piece I need to connect and the little bar. It's a megan racing race spec bar

5d3a21a0f6e8515cf97d1fcf86c447a8.jpg

b9385f8856846da67981f0fd9c6fcf49.jpg

Follow the stock bar to the firewall and then look up by the wipers where the square triangle plastic trim is. I think there should be a tab that you can press on and that plastic flap should come off, which would expose the screws. I remember doing that with mines, but that was a few years ago.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
He's right there are two little doors beside your wipers use a flat head pop them out i think it's 12mm bolts holding the bars in your oem fuse box is attached to one though. It almost looks like you could bolt them back on top of your new bar.

Last edited:
Back