Brake Upgrade Options

goldenchamp

Reaction score
Well just so you guys know I did the cl rotor upgrade with the Honda accord v6 caliper brackets or 98-99 Cl v6 brackets and Odyssey calipers. It all fits nicely in the stock 15in wheels. The car stops very fast and smooth. No fade whatsoever. I would definitely recommend a wheel and tire upgrade to match the braking power. Only modification is to bend the dust cover a little to clear the caliper bracket.

Not to revive a more or less dead thread, but what year Odyssey calipers did you use? I assume you didn't need to change hubs to fit the 98-99 3.0Cl rotors?

My current stock brakes are starting to shudder a bit, and I was informed that my rear pads are pretty worn, so I'm thinking it's time to upgrade the brakes as I replace them.

goldenchamp

Reaction score
Just do the 2nd gen tl brakes that's what I used they work very good, I just got TL knuckles

If I had a V6 with 5-lug wheels and hubs, I would definitely do that, but I have a lowly 4cyl with 4-lug wheels and hubs. I don't really have any desire to do a 5-lug swap, and I'm looking for basically a drop-in upgrade to the existing brakes.

Were you talking about using TL calipers? Would those work with 282mm 4-lug rotors?

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I bought a v6 5 lug accord . So I can just swap over everything without needing any additional?

I bought the car for less than $300 and it's got brand new tires. Winter is coming and these dry performance tired aren't gonna cut it

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
If I had a V6 with 5-lug wheels and hubs, I would definitely do that, but I have a lowly 4cyl with 4-lug wheels and hubs. I don't really have any desire to do a 5-lug swap, and I'm looking for basically a drop-in upgrade to the existing brakes.

Were you talking about using TL calipers? Would those work with 282mm 4-lug rotors?

u can do the prelude rotor + acura legend caliper + v6 accord bracket swap... i have the whole setup for sale :)

phi1542

Reaction score

You could do the Acura RL BBK. I think all you have to do is get the 350z Brembo rotors redrilled to 4x114.3 right? Same with the rear if you want to do the 07 Pilot setup. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. Caliper is pretty big with the RL so you're gonna need different wheels or spacers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Was looking a little closer at the rear Pilot rotor "upgrade" and there are some differences between the stock Accord rear rotor and the Pilot rear rotor that make me question this setup. Specs for both rotors:

Accord
98-02%20Accord%20V6%20rear%20rotor%20spec%20sheet.jpg

Pilot
03-07%20Pilot%20rear%20rotor%20spec%20sheet.jpg

Height - difference is 7.54mm (.297in), it seems this would put the rotor surface out of alignment with the caliper itself, unless the brackets are designed to account for this change.

Thickness - difference is 2mm (.08in), it seems with new pads and piston 100% compressed the 11mm rotor would not fit inside a slot designed for a 9mm rotor. Granted it's only a hair over 1/16", but not sure there is actually that much extra room since I have not done rear brakes in awhile.

The other thing I am thinking about is the hub diameter difference of 53.7mm (2.1in), it seems strange to have 1" of empty space between the Accord hub and the inside of the Pilot rotor "hat" all the way around. But the rotor screw/lug holes and hub bore do all match up perfectly.

Accord
98-02%20Accord%20V6%20rear%20rotor_front.jpg

Pilot
03-07%20Pilot%20rear%20rotor_front.jpg

I am just talking out loud here and wanted to document this somewhere, but interested in other's views on all this.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I'm not 100% I'm in the right forum to ask this (I just read all 56 pages of "will it fit"), and I looked thru this section as well, and the only discussion on 4 lug stuff was I thought for a 92(?) Accord using Prelude parts.
I know this might be off the wall a little bit, and that list of parts in the 1st post sure added some additional confusion (didn't break down front or rear parts).

Let's say that I wanted to convert my rear drums (I've got an LX) to 4 lug disc. Is this possible? I really don't want to have to buy a set (or 2) of rims just to convert to 5 lug hubs. What kind of parts would I need to pull this off? Would any of the 5 lug stuff work with the 4 lug stuff? Or would any of this stuff be EX, EX-SE only?
Thanks for any ideas/help you can offer, as I don't have a rear disc brake car sitting here to look at.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Let's say that I wanted to convert my rear drums (I've got an LX) to 4 lug disc. Is this possible? I really don't want to have to buy a set (or 2) of rims just to convert to 5 lug hubs. What kind of parts would I need to pull this off? Would any of the 5 lug stuff work with the 4 lug stuff? Or would any of this stuff be EX, EX-SE only?
Thanks for any ideas/help you can offer, as I don't have a rear disc brake car sitting here to look at.

the 4 cylinder ex model accords were still 4 lug and had rear disc brakes, so you would use everything from there. the parts you need from the ex are the rear knuckles, hubs (which come complete with the wheel bearing), calipers, pads, rotors, brake lines, and ebrake cables. everything will swap right on.

Last edited:
Back