Derek's 2002 Coupe EX (5MT)

phi1542

Reaction score
Found this stuff on Amazon and it had 4.7 stars which is pretty good. Everyone is saying it works so I'm gonna give it a try. It was only like 20 something bucks. Supposed to reduce friction, increase power and mpg and other stuff. I've been having a lot of oil consumption with my car. I recently checked my oil and nothing showed up on the dipstick. There is no leaks under the car so idk what is up. I bought some lucas stop leak for engine oil to try as well. Any ideas? Also this is their description:

"Everglide’s EGS formula is based on innovative complex nanoparticles (Moly-Graphene), which reduce friction and wear while providing excellent protection to lubricated parts. Our unique additive extends mileage, engine life and oil drain intervals as well as reduces noise and operating temperature. Everglide’s engine oil additive outperforms all major oil treatment additive brands such as Tufoil, Liqui Moly, Lucas and many more. Our combination of Moly and Graphene particles results in outstanding friction reduction and wear protection. Graphene is a unique thin layer of pure carbon. It is light, yet one of the strongest compounds known today (about 200 times stronger than steel) with excellent cooling properties, excellent friction reduction and anti-wear properties. Graphene is a revolutionary material which is used in many industries around the world."

If you use conventional oil they have a conventional oil version too I think. I mainly wanted better mpg so I'll record my mpg now and compare it later. See if it's a significant difference
f602d838da3ff45b0fcd3693899c15fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DBO867

Reaction score
Oh LOL

All this talk about motors, i think im convinced. Motor before drone haha. Since I dont plan on gettin rid of the car anytime soon, I might as well build it

phi1542

Reaction score
All this talk about motors, i think im convinced. Motor before drone haha. Since I dont plan on gettin rid of the car anytime soon, I might as well build it
Same... it's a lot to get it to pass so I'm just going to wait until this motor blows then I'll have a reason to go H LOL once these cars reach 25 years old they are considered classic right? And we can opt out of smog checks? Or am I wrong? I don't ever plan on getting rid of this car. I am 21 and I'm driving this car until I graduate and can afford a new genesis turbo or whatever turbo car i decide on getting in the future. But even then I'm not selling the accord I'm just going to have 2 cars haha i love this car and by then these cars are worthless because they will be so old. And all the money I invested in it it's not worth to sell. In the year 2030 who the hell is going to want a 2002 Honda accord LMAO

Bro drones are cheap you can get one on Amazon for like 100 dollars!

Last edited:

DBO867

Reaction score
Same... it's a lot to get it to pass so I'm just going to wait until this motor blows then I'll have a reason to go H LOL once these cars reach 25 years old they are considered classic right? And we can opt out of smog checks? Or am I wrong? I don't ever plan on getting rid of this car. I am 21 and I'm driving this car until I graduate and can afford a new genesis turbo or whatever turbo car i decide on getting in the future. But even then I'm not selling the accord I'm just going to have 2 cars haha i love this car and by then these cars are worthless because they will be so old. And all the money I invested in it it's not worth to sell. In the year 2030 who the hell is going to want a 2002 Honda accord LMAO

Bro drones are cheap you can get one on Amazon for like 100 dollars!

Haha that the exact same thing i was telling my boss. My motor is still running strong so i have time to save for a full H swap. And i actually have been paying for the "special" smog already so its no biggie to me. Just counting down the days when they are smog exempt, then ill go crazy with it. But same, by the time I wanna get rid of the car, nobodys gonna wanna buy it. But then again, people are still picking up old civics and integras, so we might have a chance. Even if im not able to sell it, i dont mind keeping this car as a garage baby haha.

They are, but the drone im looking at is a grand starting. Haha

phi1542

Reaction score
Haha that the exact same thing i was telling my boss. My motor is still running strong so i have time to save for a full H swap. And i actually have been paying for the "special" smog already so its no biggie to me. Just counting down the days when they are smog exempt, then ill go crazy with it. But same, by the time I wanna get rid of the car, nobodys gonna wanna buy it. But then again, people are still picking up old civics and integras, so we might have a chance. Even if im not able to sell it, i dont mind keeping this car as a garage baby haha.

They are, but the drone im looking at is a grand starting. Haha

I was reading about the classic car smog exemptions and it says that classic cars are defined as cars or trucks that are 25 or 30 years older but in California even though your car by definition is a classic car their cutoff sate is 1975. It's not a rolling 25 year exemption it is a fixed one. That is what this article says click

Even if they are still picking it up they go for like a grand or two so not worth it. But yeah I don't mind keeping the car forever. The 6th gen was my first car and even after it got totaled I couldn't move on to another car. It's just so nice and uncommon to see a nice one around. I like it because it's unique. When I scroll around IG and look at 6thgens it's sad to see what some people do to these cars. yeah I found this guy on IG that is in the Z community and located in Socal he does fix it ticket sign offs and special smogs. The only thing that keeps me from doing it is if I boost the car now and get pulled over it's game over. Car passes smog but they know that's illegal and that my smog is fake. So that makes me scared to do it haha I've never been pulled over for loud exhaust or anything car related even with my slammed straight pipe V6 but the chance that I do is gonna be a heavy consequence. Can't you get jail time or 1000 dollar fine? Idk I was reading stuff online LOL

And damn bro that's hella expensive

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
Haven't been active much cuz haven't done anything to the car. But recently installed AIT racing carbon fiber rear windshield spoiler, depo tail lights, side skirts, and rear bumper with OEM lip! Car looks whack but will look way better when it's all one color hahaha I love the look of the lip kit and taillights
d884eb59e28287df608784ab96ad47d9.jpg

Accordx

Reaction score
How much was that AIT rear window spoiler because when I look for it I feel like it's a little overpriced for what it is. I would totally get one if they weren't so pricy haha

Back