What'd you do to your accord today?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ Wait.. So do you still have the ssm sedan, resto-modding it? or you have a 2gen TL? I'm a little lost here, Derek-san haha.

Sounds like you've been into upgrading your brake setup, but are you working on a different 6gen?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^ Wait.. So do you still have the ssm sedan, resto-modding it? or you have a 2gen TL? I'm a little lost here, Derek-san haha.

Sounds like you've been into upgrading your brake setup, but are you working on a different 6gen?

The Accord is long gone, Richard-san. No idea what happened to it, or who picked it up from a local scrap yard in late 2014. Would love to know where it is, to see if it got restored or gutted.

I am resto-modding a 2003 TL Type S A-Spec(Aegean Blue Pearl), one of the latter batch of 800(400 NBP/400 ABP) 03 A-Specs that were produced. Still need to find out what number of 400 mine is.

Unfortunately, there were a number of parts that I was not able to remove from the Accord, so I have to get duplicate parts, the F/R brake upgrade parts being some of them.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Oh, ok I got ya. Aegean BP, that is, I see it on your Sig lol. That's cool you got the -S already, and it's an -Aspec to begin!

I see. Yea that's unfortunate but hey, upgrading an younger sister chasic is a lot more time-efficient than modding an STI from a noob stage, right?

Can't wait to see the ABP till it's time to show up!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Oh, ok I got ya. Aegean BP, that is, I see it on your Sig lol. That's cool you got the -S already, and it's an -Aspec to begin!

I see. Yea that's unfortunate but hey, upgrading an younger sister chasic is a lot more time-efficient than modding an STI from a noob stage, right?

Can't wait to see the ABP till it's time to show up!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

It will be awhile before I have any progress pics up, but there will be alot of time spent gathering parts. Thankfully, there is the odd yard here that has one that I can find some replacement parts at. Will have to jump on it quick, though, they can go fast.

I have a front and rear lip for the a spec same color sitting here if u need it.

Appreciate the offer, thankfully, my kit is in mint condition.....hoping it stays that way too!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^If I were you I'd pick up those extra front and rear lips, especially the front. Oem lips won't get any easier to find and if anything ever happened that made your current lip beyond repairable you'd be so relieved to have a backup. I went through that with my oem lip kit, right now I have an extra rear and sides...can't find another front.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^If I were you I'd pick up those extra front and rear lips, especially the front. Oem lips won't get any easier to find and if anything ever happened that made your current lip beyond repairable you'd be so relieved to have a backup. I went through that with my oem lip kit, right now I have an extra rear and sides...can't find another front.

There is a local ABP one that I want to get a few things from, if they still have the front/rear, would probably pick them up along with the other parts.

Hoping to get out to the yard this week at some point, after I confirm they have everything I want.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hey. Hmm I have not. Still got the Montero, or your tastes changed again and you're in an E30 now... :lawl:

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ordered a set of RL calipers....$20/pc 30 day warranty.....

HOPEFULLY, those calipers are more than paperweights at that price.

Turns out the Aspec near me no longer has bumpers, so, no spare front/rear lip. It does still have the other parts I want, so, looking to make a run to the yard this week at some point.

We'll see if something else pops up nearby, or if 604ACCORD and I can work something out.

Back