What'd you do to your accord today?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Actually your right. But it could be either intake or exhaust seals, ur oil will burn off as soon as u start the car. U wouldnt see oil in ur exhaust ports unless u were leaking an ungodly amount of oil past ur pistons rings. Typically oil leaks through ur valve seals will only create smoke at start up and swell again and seal when hot.

I never said i wasnt a mechanic, i said i was just lazy.

Oh yah, my wifes car is a 96 avalon, the damn oil filter is right below the bank 1 header. And the drain plug is right below that. Makes oil changes a breeze, since thats the car we drive full time, i only change the oil in my accord 1 time in 6 months.

I figured it's either bad valve seals or tired piston rings. I don't have the tool to do a leak down so that's why I pulled off the exhaust manifold first. I didn't find any oil there, just a bunch of carbon build up lol. I'm really confused because my car doesn't smoke all the time. Then again it doesn't smoke at start up when I leave the car idling. I do however notice the strong scent of burning oil after i get off the freeway. I'll prob pick the tool for the leak down test tomorrow ... If the rings are fine i'm prob just going to have to rebuild the head

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
FunnyVictor86 said:
I figured it's either bad valve seals or tired piston rings. I don't have the tool to do a leak down so that's why I pulled off the exhaust manifold first. I didn't find any oil there, just a bunch of carbon build up lol. I'm really confused because my car doesn't smoke all the time. Then again it doesn't smoke at start up when I leave the car idling. I do however notice the strong scent of burning oil after i get off the freeway. I'll prob pick the tool for the leak down test tomorrow ... If the rings are fine i'm prob just going to have to rebuild the head
Have you ruled out an oil leak onto ur exhaust or exhaust leak?? It can smell into the cabin if ur vents are open.

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
today, i threw on a MERCEDES-BENZ FOOTHILL RANCH license plate frame. :) and i threw one on my camry too. lol

and yes, i work there.

EscoStylez

Reaction score
Never buy honda parts from ebay **** never fit foglights sux *** puttin them on so I made them fit looks great just order silverstar ultra till I get money for my HIDs.....

00Silvy

Reaction score
Got all the chicago's salt off her and did a mini detail, she won't say it, but I know it feel's better.

Back