6GA T-Shirt giveaway + more

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Got an idea after a letter from HR went out that charitable matching must be done soon...

I pick maybe 5 charities (people can nominate one). Donating $5 gets you a raffle entry. If your employer matches your contribution, you get another entry. If you're a supporter, you get a third entry.

Then I draw for shirt giveaways.

If hoodies end up happening, anyone who donates >$20 gets entered for a free hoodie. Thoughts?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Besides, death caused by autoerotic asphyxiation quite obviously falls under the definition of what constitutes "death by hanging" as outlined in I.G.S. §§ 18-261 of Internet General Code.

Legal Team Out
well the goal of hanging is sever the spinal cord, while auto-asphyixation is meant to deprive the brain of oxygen temporarily...

you can choke yourself without dying if done right.

just...

sayin...

though i'm definitely not into that kind of thing :lawl:
I pick maybe 5 charities (people can nominate one).
SVdP ftw.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The idea for the t-shirts sounds doable, and fair.

But for the hoodie...call me selfish, but if I'm spending $20 I wanna know I'm gettin something. :lawl:

What I'm saying is, I'll pay $20-$25 for a 6GA hoodie if we end up doing it. ;)

truWarier02

Reaction score
But for the hoodie...call me selfish, but if I'm spending $20 I wanna know I'm gettin something. :lawl:

I feel the same way. I'd be down to just buy one.

I'm not going to donate $20 just for an opportunity to win one.. :ohyou:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Large...do i need 8000 posts? lol

I'm the best? Can I have one thanks

You fellas don't listen/read very well, huh?

well the goal of hanging is sever the spinal cord, while auto-asphyixation is meant to deprive the brain of oxygen temporarily...

you can choke yourself without dying if done right.

I agree to an extent, but PRIOR to the mid-nineteenth century the purpose of hanging was to cause death by asphyxiation. A couple of the ways they would do this is by placing the noose around the neck, throw the rope over a strong tree branch, tie it to a horse, smack the horse on the ***...and up you go like Rocket Man! Or they would just stand you on the back of a cart with the rope tired to a strong branch and pull it out from under you. You might drop a foot or two, but not enough to sever the spine.

It wasn't until later in the nineteenth century that it was discovered that if you increased the amount of the drop, that it would essentially break the neck causing instant death. This was considered to be more humane, and as a result became became the standard for Judicial Hanging in the more civilized parts of the world.

I like History :)

though i'm definitely not into that kind of thing :lawl:

LIES!

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
The idea for the t-shirts sounds doable, and fair.

I feel the same way. I'd be down to just buy one.

I'm not going to donate $20 just for an opportunity to win one.. :ohyou:

Good points, although hopefully people donate to something around the holidays anyways haha.

Alrighty what about this revision... if you donate $5 to something, you get entered for a shirt, and another entry if your employer matches or you choose to donate $10+.

Anyone supporter who donates also gets entered to win a hoodie. So chance at both for $5 if you already donate.

Still open to feedback obviously. I like the idea of trying to promote something that will help someone out though

xIrvin

Reaction score
I'd be down to buy one for around $20. Depending on how they would look obviously.

Back