Is the Euro R steering rack a quicker ratio?

F23Fanboy

Reaction score
I am currently looking into options of making my steering rack ratio quicker as I have upgraded just about all of the suspension and I am having to turn the steering wheel a lot and I think I would benefit immensely from having a steering rack with a faster ratio. I have tried looking online with no success. So if anyone can tell me and provide the part number for the Euro R rack i would be greatly appreciated thanks! :waytogo:

twofast4u

Reaction score
dont know if it makes a difference or not, but the euro-r uses electric power steering i believe

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Daily, but I need it. The steering is feels so incredibly slow now. The car would definitely benifit from a quicker rack.

It's all in your head. A good number of us had/have upgraded suspension, never once complained about slow steering.

A smaller steering wheel will effect nothing, you're still turning it the same distance, just more times.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
It's all in your head. A good number of us had/have upgraded suspension, never once complained about slow steering.

A smaller steering wheel will effect nothing, you're still turning it the same distance, just more times.

Actually a smaller steering wheel will turn more per distance. Just like wheels and tires. A smaller tire has less circumference than a larger one. Ones hand motions will be less with a smaller steering wheel for the same steering input.

Turn to turn ratio will be the same but the steering will be quicker. Can't fight physics.

F23Fanboy

Reaction score
dont know if it makes a difference or not, but the euro-r uses electric power steering i believe

Well if that is true that puts the swap out of the question. I don't have the harness to support the steering shaft speed sensor and the high voltage line for the electric motor on the rack plus other vital connections

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Mm yeah I wish I had a quicker steering rack also. BMW really does have nice variable ratio steering racks

Back