Weird issue with my factory and aftermarket radio

Cm5_Ant

Reaction score
I recently installed an aftermarket radio in my car and now neither my aftermarket radio nor my factory radio work. I checked the fuses and all the wiring connections and that doesn't seem to be the problem as I changed the fried fuses. My anti theft light is steadily blinking regardless if the car is on and driving or not. It's just weird because before my factory radio was working just fine. I'm stuck between thinking it's the wiring harness that sucks or there's something wrong with the anti theft system. Any input would be appreciated thanks.

dawg316

Reaction score
next time rember to undo your battery when rewiring your radio.

grab a test light or multimeter

on the new radio harness, check for 12 volts on the headunit side yellow wire, and turn the key on then check for 12 volts on the red wire on the headunit side

SupraGuy

Reaction score
Factory unit will probably be in antitheft mode. It will do that when it's removed from the vehicle.

Make sure that you have constant and switched power (As per above) Also check the ground wire. If you are using an adapter harness to connect to the aftermarket radio, it should be pretty straightforward. If you are not using a factory adapter harness and cut the wires, shame on you. They're cheap and the best way to install an aftermarket deck.

Back