ATTN: User Infractions/Citations now in use

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Those of us that try to keep things somewhat organized & on track here are going to start taking advantage of the built in infraction system. Think of them as speeding tickets. Different offenses are worth so many points, and stay on your record for so long - just like your driving record. Get too many in too short a time and you'll get an automatic temporary ban.

The same offenses tack on to each other. As in, if you get a infraction for not labeling something as unsafe to view at work (NSFW/NWS), and get another infraction for the same thing 3 days later, then they will both count against you in points for a remaining 10 days (instead of the first only being counted for another 7 days). So you can't just try and manipulate the system.

Simple as that.

So if you have a Member's Ride thread and you didn't follow the stickied format, or if you know your sig is taller than 150 pixels (right click and go to properties to check), please take care of it in the next few days. There are stickied rules thread in the Generals forum, the Member's Ride forum, and so on which you may want to refer to this weekend.

User reputation will also come into affect with this system - it will be the difference between a warning & an infraction many times.

Rather than explain everything out, you can see for yourself below exactly what the mods/admins will be choosing from if it comes down to giving you an infraction.

Bumping old threads for no reason 1 10 Day(s)
Off Topic / Threadjack 1 10 Day(s)
Search first - topic already covered 1 10 Day(s)
Extreme Language 2 10 Day(s)
Flaming Other Member(s) 2 10 Day(s)
Not labeling threads that are not work safe 2 10 Day(s)
Signature Rule Violation 2 5 Day(s)
Spamming to increase post count 2 10 Day(s)
Abusing Reputation System 3 45 Day(s)
Thread/Post does not follow proper layout (see sticky/rules) 3 5 Day(s)

Edit: read the quote

Signature rule violation has been bumped to 2 points, lasts 5 days (unless you get another one within 5 days). Temporary 2 day ban has been changed to 5 points instead of 4.

What this means: if I or anyone else keeps telling you to change your damn signature, and you don't, you're 3rd consecutive infraction gets you a 2 day ban.

I'm sick of people who have been warned multiple times and still haven't done anything. We give everyone a few days after a sig violation to fix things... if its been a week and we've already told you twice, you're going to get a temp ban.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
my rep used to be like 43 or something, now its like 8? i think? haha

and damnit, now i gotta change my sig too, haha :(

also, can i get a "slap on the wrist" for saying **** and it getting asterisked out? haha

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Woo glad to see this is up...hopefully all of the members will pay attention to this..Esp the Member Rides section since i have to deal with that..

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
as far as rep being considered, its a relative number, and we all know that, so don't worry about the actual #.

Plus let's face it everyone knows u andy lol

Edit: These WILL be handed out starting the beginning of next week. So everyone has a few days to edit whatever they need to. Please don't make us be assholes - we enjoy having everyone here but if you get an automatic ban from not paying attention to the rules then I'm not going to feel sorry for you either.

Last edited:

6THGEN_AI4

This means we cannot mess with other members anymore, I mean just playing a bit you know???

My sig is 320 x 143 and the size is 75387 bytes Do I have to fix it...?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
We're not turning the site into like Cold War Russia or anything, just starting to enforce the rules that have been around for 3+years on a more widespread basis. For example, like with the language infraction, you'd have to go way overboard to deserve getting one of those. Everyone should feel comfortable, but at the same time there need to be limits on a few things for ease of use / being considerate of everyone else / etc.

And no, your sig is fine, the height is the main concern (150pixel height limit)

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
question.....whats considered "extreme language" ???? lol

**edit** n/m i waited too long before i posted and cody u cleared it up

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
dang I was lookin forward to slapin sketch with an infraction

I'll go hunt down Roy now lolol

Back