Let's talk side mirrors

Mikey

Reaction score
Im 0102 coupe, so why not start there? But let's have everyone chime in, eh?

Did a little searching, at which I probably suck, but I couldnt come up with anything pertaining to getting heated and/or power-folding TL/CL mirrors to fit our cars. I wanna say Ive seen something once before I dont recall the detail it went into, if any at all.

I'd imagine the 99-02 would be closest in shape and fitment but if the 03+ TL fit (or any other Honda for that matter), great.

I guess Im basically looking for an swer as to whether or not they fit. By those who either have them, have tested them or who have made them fit. And also to discuss the topic in general. Aftermrket mirrors, heater element kits, etc.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
TSX mirrors will work with some modification. 1st Gen TSX, IIRC.

You can also use the JDM power folding mirrors(I have a set from an 'Accord', that I haven't gotten around to installing yet).

I haven't seen anyone try with the TL/CL mirrors, they are a slightly different shape, but I would imagine the CL mirrors would be a better fit than the TL mirrors.

Sedan for Sedan, Coupe for Coupe, with few exceptions.

Mikey

Reaction score
I figured there'd be JDM PFMs. Not sure if they'd be heated or not. Im not certain but I think the shape of the 99-02 TL/CL mirrors are the same. I believe the difference lies in the triangular piece that attaches it to the car.

Not to mention, wiring up a switch, be it for heat or fold.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The issue with the JDM PFM's, is that it's one or the other, either you hook them up to fold, or you keep your heat option.

The mounting plate is the issue with all of the mirrors, even the JDM ones have issue with the plate as well as the mirrors themselves, because they are set up for RHD vehicles.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
A guy on Azine was selling some TSX mirrors, and a bunch of Accord owners asked him to post measurements for the triangular mounting area. I compared the numbers he posted to what I got measuring mine, and it did not match up. But maybe that varies by year, but he said his were 1G TSX.

Here’s the thread for reference:

http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837167

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
I know someone with a 7th gen that has the tsx mirrors ... He said he could make them fit on our 6thgen as well ... Thought about it but spending $300 for some mirrors ... I'll be ok lol

He told me he had to cut the edges alittle to fit correctly on his not sure exactly how much he cut or what else he did but the look perfect to me

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
doesnt seem like an issue, swap the wiring around... left for right and right for left... both should have the same functions assuming you hook it up right and as far as retaining both functions of heating and folding, why not wire in the heated mirror portion into the defroster behind the AC control unit? sounds like it would make sence if you had it draw power off its own system but activate it off the same switch (button) used for the defroster... just my $0.02

SykVSyx

Reaction score
A guy on Azine was selling some TSX mirrors, and a bunch of Accord owners asked him to post measurements for the triangular mounting area. I compared the numbers he posted to what I got measuring mine, and it did not match up. But maybe that varies by year, but he said his were 1G TSX.

Here’s the thread for reference:

http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837167

I am wondering if it might be a better fit for the sedan then. The CG Coupe mirrors have a larger mounting plate than the sedan.

Back