SRS Light Issues (aftermarket seats)

6genaccord

Reaction score
It read as a dead short? No resistance at all? Aren't there more than 2 wires in that plug?

As far as the yellow SRS plug (female end) there appears to be 2 receptors on the bottom and 2 small ones in the center. However, when you look at the male end, it seems (I'm 99.9% sure) the bottom 2 metal clips are only the create pressure to help keep the plugs snug.

6genaccord

Reaction score
i'd rather take the bulb out on the cluster its more risky hacking the wires but that just me... base on my experience my srs light is on but my airbags still deployed... i think being the wires not connected under the seat is same problem as mine being the seatbelt harness need to be replace by the dealer but got lazy until the day i got into accident.... as i talked to this tech at honda when i have this light on he said this problem still deploy the airbags and the harness you need to replace are like sensors connected on the seatbelt that senses the impact how fast will they deploy.... just my input i'm not a pro but base on personal experience... hope this help you....

So wait, you're saying that the airbags still deployed in an accident even though your SRS light was on but not at the correct speed? So did it help in your accident or hit you real hard?

My seatbelt light isn't on because the weight sensor doesn't tell the computer I'm sitting there without it buckled.

blaque~akkord

Reaction score
So wait, you're saying that the airbags still deployed in an accident even though your SRS light was on but not at the correct speed? So did it help in your accident or hit you real hard?

My seatbelt light isn't on because the weight sensor doesn't tell the computer I'm sitting there without it buckled.

they still deployed if you check the pics from my accident its been a bad hit tho... like what i said if the srs light is on it doesnt mean your airbags wont deploy espescially if just a weight sensor i dont know what they call it but the tech from honda told me about it... i didnt beleived him until the day got into accident... yes they did help or my face will be scarred.,:( ended up with stingy lips hahaaa

AFAccord

Reaction score
I believe the sensor in the passenger seat is only to DISENGAGE the side impact airbag if weight is sensed against the side bolster.

My concern would be not knowing the circuit schematic and electrical properties of that sensor. It is possible that with the sensor disconnected, that absence of the sensor's signal would disable the side airbag. The front airbags should deploy as normal (if the impact sensors deem necessary).

::Extended Rant::
Possibly off topic, but frankly it pisses me off to see some accident victims try to sue the auto manufacture because "all" the airbags did not deploy. A former friend of mine ran his TSX off the road with his wife in the passenger seat. She wasn't wearing her seatbelt (as usual), and was thrown into the floorboard. Her front airbag deployed, but the side did not. (Frontal impact in to a tree) She had multiple fractures of her jaw, and spent 3 months eating through a straw. They acquired a lawyer, and sued Acura of America, only to lose the suit. Now, I'm not sticking up for the 'big company', but I feel suing because of this was an over zealous act of ignorance on their part and was done only to cast animadversions at the mfg, all to redirect the fault away from themselves. ::End Rant::

If you read all that, thank you for letting me get that off my chest. And to the OP, I'm not directing this at you. Only making a point on the topic of Airbag operation.

Last edited:

hal.lyman

Reaction score
Wow..animadversions...nice one!
an·i·mad·ver·sion
ˌanəmadˈvərZH(ə)n/
nounformal
criticism or censure.
"her animadversion against science"
a comment or remark, especially a critical one.
plural noun: animadversions
"animadversions that the poet receives quite humbly"

Back