Apexi VAFC

mraw112

Reaction score
It does fit our cars. Im about to take it out of mine. If you get it. dont splice your wires on your ecu like I did.

turboputz

Reaction score
Someone convinced me a while back that the Apexi Neo would not work with an F23. That for whatever reason it did not play well with the ecu. So I sold the Neo on ebay, but got stuck with the boomslang plug and play harness for it. I had it listed for really cheap and there were no bites. I never tried ot return it bc it was so long after I bought it that I found this out. Apparently the Neo is good for the V6's but not the 4 cyls.

Are the wires for Neo and VAFCII the same? It has a different part number from boomslang, but I don't know. I spent money on the thing and I don't know what to do with it. All those green wires and plugs are so pretty, I can't get myself to toss it.
What to do.....

mraw112

Reaction score
Im pretty sure that neo will work on almost any fuel injected car. It does work with the f23. The only thing i dont think works with it, is apexi's ability to control vtec. As long as you do screw with that, its good. I have the wiring manual for apexi neo if you want me to scan it so you can see if the wiring harness will work.

Crono139

Reaction score
The VAFC can control VTEC engagement.

I don't see why the NEO can't.

nixed007

Reaction score
The VAFC can control VTEC engagement.

I don't see why the NEO can't.

the vafc was designed with v-tech in mind that is why they call it the V AFC vtech air fuel converter where a typical afc or safc is only programed to adjust fuel mixtures and does not do anything to the v tech setting. With the vafc you also have the option of turning off the v tech engagement point.

Crono139

Reaction score
What's your point?

The AFC NEO marks the newest edition to the world famous Super AFC line of piggy back fuel controllers. Building upon the powerful SAFC II, the AFC NEO has taken piggy back style fuel control to a new level. The AFC NEO boasts an incredible 16 points of user definable fuel correction. VTEC control has also been incorporated for Honda/Acura applications. A complete monitor mode is also available to keep the driver/tuner informed of critical engine data.

Exactly as I thought.

Back