Clutch is stuck

6genaccord

Reaction score
Short story: Bottomed out, 5 traffic lights later my clutch pedal goes to the floor and doesn't come up. I'm leaking fluid from the passenger side. I filled up my brake fluid which appeared a little low and managed to get home (started the car in 1st to go and power shifted the rest of the way).

I've been reading and am thinking it's my slave cylinder, bc that's what down there? My question is how come I'm not leaking fluid anymore. The reservoir is still topped off and clutch is still stuck. Now when it was leaking I had been pumping the clutch a bunch of times so maybe thats what caused the leak?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
you have air in your lines, you need to bleed the system and then the leak and clutch pedal will come back

KILLAWALK

Reaction score
its ur master cylinder this happen to me ...going to be a ***** to change

6genaccord

Reaction score
you have air in your lines, you need to bleed the system and then the leak and clutch pedal will come back

so once I bleed the system, the leak will come back as well as the clutch? So then I just need to figure out where the leak is?

6genaccord

Reaction score
its ur master cylinder this happen to me ...going to be a ***** to change

I'm going to try bleeding the system first. It wasn't leaking from near the master cylinder though - yours leaked from the passenger side as well?

KILLAWALK

Reaction score
I'm going to try bleeding the system first. It wasn't leaking from near the master cylinder though - yours leaked from the passenger side as well?

no there wasn't no leaking in mines ...DAT i saw ..it just went bad and i changed it and bleed DA lines

slowrider87

Reaction score
no there wasn't no leaking in mines ...DAT i saw ..it just went bad and i changed it and bleed DA lines

A: "DAT" and "DA" are not words in any respectable english dictionary. please stop using words that make you look like a wannabe thug. hitting the caps lock or holding shift to accomplish the all caps effect while typing those words took the same amount of keystrokes as it would have to type the proper words "that" or "the".

B: "there wasn't no leaking in mines"... ? seriously. double negatives would mean there was leaking. mines? your car is not a war zone. there are no "mines". if you were trying to use the possessive term "mine" you failed.

Now, OP, i would check the lines near the slave cylinder. bottoming out likely jolted the engine/tranny upward which in turn could have cracked the hard clutchline coming out of the slave.

But definitely bleed the system, and see if you can't get a little more pressure in it to see an actual leak.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
buy a new slave cylinder,its only like 20$ from the parts store.bleed the brakes and go from there.

I had mine replaced when it did the same thing. pedal fell to the ground and was out of fluid.
haven't had a problem since in 4 years after it was replaced. Its a simple wear and tear item.

Back