Oil Pressure Guage INSTALL?

poff1986

Reaction score
I just got a guage pod for the speedo area, i want to put an oil pressure guage and water temp guage, has anyone done these to their cars? Just wondering how the wiring works out, what you had to do? Im concerned that when i wire up the oil pressure sensor for the electric guage that my stock sensor plug in will not work? any ideas? Also same for water temp? I have never put guages in a car before, just lookin for advise, possible brands to buy, preferably less than 60 bucks each. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

AFAccord

Reaction score
Why a water temp gauge? That's already on your dash. :bash:

As for the Oil press gauge, you can purchase a sandwich adapter like this for about $30...

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/sandwich-adapters.html

Part# 3965 I think. Just look for a 20mm 1.5 thread adapter.

This would give you a pressurized port for your gauge's electronic sender, and will not affect the stock pressure sensor that sits above the oil filter.

Last edited:

poff1986

Reaction score
A water temp guage is alot more accurate than just a hot/cold guage on your dash

AFAccord

Reaction score
A water temp guage is alot more accurate than just a hot/cold guage on your dash

Which gets you where? Either you're cold, running normal, running hot, or over heated... It's not like you're fine tuning coolant temps the same way you do for EGT. There are more practical things to install in the second pod. Hell, a voltometer would be more useful.

poff1986

Reaction score
How About A Vacuum/boost Guage? Being On The Topic Of Useless Guages Or Maybe A Air/fuel Guage? 90% Are Useless, Itd Be Nice To Know What Temps Im Running, You May Look Like Your Running Normal But Could Really Be Running 160 Degrees, Hinting A Starting Problem With Your Thermostat, A Lot More Accurate Than A Guage Saying Hot Or Cold!

overboostin

Reaction score
I would skip the water temp gauge, get the oil press, and boost (if you're planning on running it soon, its not worth just a vacuum gauge), or a wideband air/fuel.

poff1986

Reaction score
Dont really have money right now for boost, still debating what i wanna do down the road, either v6 6spd, USDM h22, or boost. Definatly goin electric guages.

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
I think I have an autometer water pressure gauge some where around my house that I could sell you.

Back