sub+amp help

phi1542

Reaction score
It won't be it's full potential but it would definitely get the job done. So it's a good choice.

You could technically use 8ga and, probably, be okay. I would however also recommend 4ga. 8ga for the speaker amp is sufficient.

alright thanks for all the help guys! so far its come down to either the power acoustik and the pioneer amp. which is the better bang for the buck? should i just bridge the 2ch amp at 4ohm? or spend extra $40 for the pioneer and run it at 2ohm? if i got the pioneer do i do 2ohm or 1 ohm?

schmiddr2

Reaction score
As I stated, it comes down to whether you want an amp that you can still use if you add a sub in the future or want to wire the sub(s) to 1 ohm. Also, I would trust Pioneer over Power Acoustik.

Last edited:

gt58

Reaction score
you can always underpower a woofer, but it will not reach its full potential. you can always overpower a sub, as long as it is CLEAN power. take for example the sundown sa-12. it has an rms rating of 600, but people put 1k to it all day.

if your box is tuned right and you have your subsonic filter set correctly, AND you have your amp DD1'd you should be okay over powering a subwoofer.

right now i have a crappy kenwood sub thats rms is 250, but im putting a sold 700 to it @ 4 ohms. only gets stinky after 30 minutes or so, and thats probably because im trying to play too low of songs.

if i were you i'd try hard to find a CEA complaint amp that is 1 ohm stable and get a dual 2 ohm woofer to get the most out of the amp.

1_2ohmDVC_1ohm.png

hayn808

Reaction score
Take a look around on amazon there are a lot of reputable brands to choose from in your price range. Maybe you'll find a better deal there than on sonic.

phi1542

Reaction score
alright im just going to go with the sound acoustik and the pioneer sub. but how do i wire that amp with my current setup? how do i wire for 2 amps?

hayn808

Reaction score
Its easy you just have to get a power block to distribute your power to two amps. It has one input for power and two outputs that go to each amp, both terminals has its own dedicated inline fuse. Then on the first amp you go from the RCA output to the RCA input on the other. The remote jumps from amp to amp from the signal wire and just ground both amps normally. But if your deck has pre-amps for both regular and sub outputs then run your RCA cables for the component amp to the regular one and your mono amp to the sub output.(Power Block) http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i205_power-distribution-blocks.html
Oh and here is a little diagram, you don't need a ground block or a capacitor so ignore them.
amp_wiring_diagram.gif

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
^ Those were pretty bad instructions. And that was assuming he has a power block. Which most people don't

OP, do what I said in my first response and you're golden.

gt58

Reaction score
plus caps are bs and just put more strain on your electrical.

OP, its going to be almost impossible to get a sound system if your budget is 200. save up 400-500 and you can start a budget build.

hayn808

Reaction score
sorry man, not good at explaining, and well i have one

Last edited:
Back