Gauge clusters

james'99

Reaction score
Re: charging port broken

I didn't want to spend more on a new cluster so I just did the tape thing lol it was hard and its not perfect but whatever. Doesnt look bad and its better than the orange for sure! I have super shakey hands so these were a PITA to do. Plus i had to use a razor instead of an exacto knife

5v2o0p.jpg

This actually looks really good!

Looks good! Now, show us when it's dark w/ lights on.

+1

goldenchamp

Reaction score
Very nice! I still wanna eventually go with the gray faced '01-'02 coupe gauges, but I think I'll do this in the meantime. You used taillight tape, right?

phi1542

Reaction score
Looks good! Now, show us when it's dark w/ lights on. :)

Brakelamp? :poke:

dlgqxg.jpg

yeah idk ive had that problem since i got the car.

When i turn the car on its not there but when i hit the brakes it pops up but i've checked and my brake lights work perfectly fine. I'm not sure why it does that. I didn''t really look into it since my brake light works fine but anyone know?

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
This actually looks really good!

+1

Thanks! I ordered more LEDs that should be here monday for my climate control, shifter, and moon roof buttons

Very nice! I still wanna eventually go with the gray faced '01-'02 coupe gauges, but I think I'll do this in the meantime. You used taillight tape, right?

Thanks! You might as well swap the red needles too while youre at it! And I like the black faces so i kept it like that. Yeah just used some red lens repair tape by 3M from auto zone. It was like $5 and i didnt want to get an exacto knife because i have no use for it besides this but i regret it. At first I used a box cutter on the gas and temp... TOTAL PITA. For the speedometer and RPM i used a razor and it was a lot easier. Cuts were way more clean and easy. I think with the exacto knife it'll be a lot easier since you have more to handle with the stick. I recommend using that but at least a razor. not a box cutter LOL

Are needles are lit (right? :p ) so does the tail tape still light?

Yeah tail light tape lights up perfectly!

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Looking good there! Nice that they're matching up well w/ your red gage.

Are the brake light bulbs LED? I thought it does that when you use LEDs w/o the use of the load resistors.

phi1542

Reaction score
Looking good there! Nice that they're matching up well w/ your red gage.

Are the brake light bulbs LED? I thought it does that when you use LEDs w/o the use of the load resistors.

Thanks! and No they are regular bulbs so I have no idea why it's doing that

james'99

Reaction score
Are you aware that the two bulbs on the trunk lid are also brake lights? Also, third brake light?

Honestly, for the cost, I would try replacing all of them.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
or at least checking the sockets, a li'l bit of corrosion can light the indicator, even if the brake light works.

phi1542

Reaction score
Are you aware that the two bulbs on the trunk lid are also brake lights? Also, third brake light?

Honestly, for the cost, I would try replacing all of them.

or at least checking the sockets, a li'l bit of corrosion can light the indicator, even if the brake light works.

No I didnt.... Ill have to check that out because I only looked at the main brake lights lol

My gauge cluster has some hot spots. Which LED is good for no hot spots? Would these be better? https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/instrument-cluster-gauge/194-led-bulb-5-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/199/

I have the regular 5 smd ones

Back