HELP Squeaky noise when I brake

phi1542

Reaction score
Sometimes when I'm driving with my widows down I hear a sweaky noise when I'm braking with the car bouncing a bit. I'm sure is not my shocks because my Tein SA are new but not sure what else it could be. Maybe control arms or something? Any ideas? I'm not sure what I'm looking for or what bad suspension components look like

Last edited:

305S0L

Reaction score
Re: Squeaky noise when I drive

hmm is it squeaky like a bed spring or an old crown victoria?
That's how I would describe how my passenger side lower ball joint sounded before I replaced it.

phi1542

Reaction score

hmm is it squeaky like a bed spring or an old crown victoria?
That's how I would describe how my passenger side lower ball joint sounded before I replaced it.

its like a bed spring if i remember correctly. I hear a squeaky noise and the same sound repeats until the car stops completely.

Does it only happen when braking?

Thats the only time I can hear it. When I'm driving my loud *** exhaust doesnt let me hear much of anything else lmao I think it happens when i go over bumps because the suspension rebounds up and down and thats when i hear it i think

305S0L

Reaction score

its like a bed spring if i remember correctly. I hear a squeaky noise and the same sound repeats until the car stops completely.

Thats the only time I can hear it. When I'm driving my loud *** exhaust doesnt let me hear much of anything else lmao I think it happens when i go over bumps because the suspension rebounds up and down and thats when i hear it i think

That's how it was when my lower ball joint was busted. Here's a picture of my drivers side lower ball joint, which I noticed it also needs replacing. Can't see it in the picture but I removed the wheel and raised the car and upon visual inspection I noticed a tear in the boot. I've been hearing a light squeak also.

b1543999fab023881dcc18068d00a0c8.jpg

phi1542

Reaction score

That's how it was when my lower ball joint was busted. Here's a picture of my drivers side lower ball joint, which I noticed it also needs replacing. Can't see it in the picture but I removed the wheel and raised the car and upon visual inspection I noticed a tear in the boot. I've been hearing a light squeak also.

b1543999fab023881dcc18068d00a0c8.jpg

Thanks for the info haha and this is just in the front? Would I need to look at anything in the back? Pretty sure i just hear it in the front though. Also I'm pretty noob haha do you mind circling what I'm suppose to be looking at

305S0L

Reaction score
Squeaky noise when I drive

Thanks for the info haha and this is just in the front? Would I need to look at anything in the back? Pretty sure i just hear it in the front though. Also I'm pretty noob haha do you mind circling what I'm suppose to be looking at

lol sure!
ce1988f079088f3591f85c78862ba9b6.jpg

You're looking at the lower ball joint, behind the front left rotor. The lower ball joint is attached to the bottom of the knuckle.

As far as the rear, I would take a look at the toe and camber arms. Loosen the wheels, raise your car and start looking! Look for any visual tears on the rubber ends of the suspension components and with your hands feel them for any "play" ;)

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

lol sure!
ce1988f079088f3591f85c78862ba9b6.jpg

You're looking at the lower ball joint, behind the front left rotor. The lower ball joint is attached to the bottom of the knuckle.

As far as the rear, I would take a look at the toe and camber arms. Loosen the wheels, raise your and start looking! Look for any visual tears on the rubber ends of the suspension components and with your hands feel them for any "play" ;)

Thanks! I'll take a look soon haha

305S0L

Reaction score

Thanks! I'll take a look soon haha

You're welcome! Let us know how it goes. Btw, your car is one of my favorites on the site. I've drawn inspiration from it.

Back