Gas pedal response messed up

james'99

Reaction score
It's still stiff =T I haven't gotten around to removing it and cleaning it yet. I was contemplating on taking off the intake manifold and just doing both lol

Not a bad idea. You'll still have to separate the throttle body from manifold. The manifold gasket is metal and often reusable. The throttle body gasket is paper and may rip.

phi1542

Reaction score
Not a bad idea. You'll still have to separate the throttle body from manifold. The manifold gasket is metal and often reusable. The throttle body gasket is paper and may rip.

Looking back. I used this stuff to clean my throttle body https://gumout.com/maintenance-aerosols/carburetor-choke-cleaner/ and i heard if you use the wrong stuff you can ruin your engine. Idk if i used the right stuff or not but is this the reason why my new cat is acting up? still throwing up cat and egr code.... Used it to clean throttle body and egr

james'99

Reaction score
Looking back. I used this stuff to clean my throttle body https://gumout.com/maintenance-aerosols/carburetor-choke-cleaner/ and i heard if you use the wrong stuff you can ruin your engine. Idk if i used the right stuff or not but is this the reason why my new cat is acting up? still throwing up cat and egr code.... Used it to clean throttle body and egr

I don't know about ruin your engine. Seems like a long shot. Did you ever actually remove the EGR valve? As for the catalytic converter, how old is the downstream O2 sensor?

phi1542

Reaction score
I don't know about ruin your engine. Seems like a long shot. Did you ever actually remove the EGR valve? As for the catalytic converter, how old is the downstream O2 sensor?

Yeah I removed and cleaned the EGR.. Is there any other way to clean it? Or you talking about under the intake manifold?because I never took the intake manifold off to clean under there. I actually ended up replacing the EGR lol idk what's going on. After cleaning the EGR I was CEL free for a few months then it comes back..... Cat code comes then if I leave it there for a while the egr comes too after it. So I replaced cat with a mags flow not too long ago. New denso o2 sensors (both). New EGR from autozone. No exhaust leaks. This is blowing my mind. Defective cat from mags flow???? That seems unlikely though. It's not direct fit one I have the 2.25" weld on one.. Should still work right?

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Yeah I removed and cleaned the EGR … Should still work right?

The Cat should be okay. I would bite the bullet and remove the intake manifold, clean the throttle body etc.

I used this TSB as a guide - PDF link > (http://brentlogan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/a05-026.pdf) its simple, skip pas the diagnostic parts. I didn’t put in a “EGR pipe” insert in the manifold or drill it out, I just cleaned all the gunk out. But mine was NASTY and packed with carbon. I did this at about 125,xxx miles and I’m at 215,xxx now. Hasn’t come back yet.

Clogged manifold EGR passage:
6FySUFJ.jpg

Back