2018 accord

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i've heard the 10 speed in the camaro ZL1 is amazing.

personally, i'd wait for any refreshed models from honda before buying. the only accord refresh that wasn't better than the original was the 01-02 sedans since i didn't like the front bumper, tail lights, and seats as much. they always add upgrades and the first year cars have things left out or they change something for the second model year after a gen change...like the 98s didn't have folding mirrors and the seats were different from the 99-00s. 2013 sport wheels are different than the 14-15s, so the "pool" of parts to choose from is much smaller.

and then you look at what they did with the 2012 civic...then the 2014-15...always wait for refreshes :lawl:

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
the 10 speed tranny is for mpg purposes FYI.....

So 10 gears spaced close together is for fuel economy? With that many gears the fuel economy is judged by the shift pattern. With so many gears the transmission can shift early and stay in a reasonable powerband for the fuel economy.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
I do not know if anyone is aware yet, but Honda is also offering a 6 speed manual too in the new Accord, so if 10 speeds for MPG is not your cup of tea you have a option that will keep you happy.

Back