Any Bikers??

WillT.

Reaction score
I know what you mean about carrying a laptop around on your back when riding.....it sucks.
I got some new Ultegra brifters, derailer, cassette, and chain for Christmas. I'm loving the extra couple of gears and the smoothness over the old Sora/Tiagra combo I replaced.

DSC_0302rs-1.jpg

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
sweet bike!! compact for the win..i will eventually upgrade like you....tiagra right now..and it obviously is not the best..i just don't feel like spending the money on an upgrade yet....what size is your bike? like a 54? riding fixie style with those handle bars haha

I got the Vagabond is screaming yellow!!!! is it freaking ridiculous...black would of been awesome...but i figured i should go with something to be seen at night better...

WillT.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a 54cm. It's a little on the heavy side (22.5lbs), but I think that a lot of that is coming from the wheelset. I'm actually thinking of upgrading them sometime soon.
I really didn't mind the Tiagra RD that I had on it, it was mainly the Sora shifters that came with it. I couldn't stand the thumb shifters. So I came across a nice deal on a set of used Ultegra shifters/RD with less than 200 miles on them, so I decided to go ahead and grab them.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
yeah i thought about getting a new wheelset for mine a few months ago..but convinced myself it wouldn't be worth it since the bike is used mainly for commuting purposes...just incase something does get stolen..i would hate for it to be something nice...i am already paranoid about everything on it now haha

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I have had great experience with Trek. I use to want a Y-frame. My brother has an 850 (lower end) and I have a 6500 (middle of the road). We have owned them for several years and they still look and ride great. And I use to ride 3 or 4 hours a few times a week until I got my job, both on road and off. Trek puts good Shimano stuff on their bikes stock, and it's pretty durable.

Whatever you get, don't get suspension unless it's fully adjustable. And even then do not get mid or rear suspension. Don't need it. Gary Fishers aren't bad either. Specialized is good too.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
yeah i don't know i good ride anything other then Trek...esp since that is what the shop i work at sells...sooooo that is what i get a discount on...i can't agree 100% on the no rear suspension part....the full suspension Trek Fuel EX7 i rode all summer from the shop was AMAZING!!! It was so nice when i hit bumpy parts on the trail haha...Hardtail was def hard to get use 2..

I like Gary Fishers also, but they are pretty much Treks haha..Then Lemond makes some sweet road bikes, but also pretty much Treks...As for Specialized i am not familiar with their mtn bikes..but my friend has a Langster, their SS bike..it is really nice, and looks awesome...Flat black, then the rear tire has a red sidewall

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
anyone who buys a SS from a company needs a handycap sticker

that being said, specialized road bikes are amazing, they put a lot of time and thought into them, and everytime i go to change something on mine i realize a new way they've made it so that i can get more out of it

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
anyone who buys a SS from a company needs a handycap sticker

that being said, specialized road bikes are amazing, they put a lot of time and thought into them, and everytime i go to change something on mine i realize a new way they've made it so that i can get more out of it

haha he bought it used at a bike shop for 200 bucks w/ a few different size cogs if he ever decides to change it up some...

it is pretty sweet though...pretty light bike also, but being a SS helps a whole lot haha..he has had a few problems with it, but it could of been used for a long time before he bought it

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i think you told me about this deal. that beats the crap out of my Pugeot.

man i need to find a way to transport my bikes down to texas with me this summer, and the ideas aren't looking that wonderful

Back