H22 Swap

Erik123456789

Reaction score
I'm a little confused on the whole slave cylinder thing..

I'm planning on putting the h-tranny onto my f23, is there an easier way to do that without the welding?

Drift

Reaction score
I'm a little confused on the whole slave cylinder thing..

I'm planning on putting the h-tranny onto my f23, is there an easier way to do that without the welding?

You might be able to make a bracket. Im not sure how other people approached that issue. I had two professional fabricators at my disposal, so thats how we set about solving that issue.

There are a few other h22 swaps on the board, I too, am now curios as to how they have their slave cylinder mounted.

Erik123456789

Reaction score
You might be able to make a bracket. Im not sure how other people approached that issue. I had two professional fabricators at my disposal, so thats how we set about solving that issue.

There are a few other h22 swaps on the board, I too, am now curios as to how they have their slave cylinder mounted.

Ohh, okay I see. Do you know if I can just avoid that by using the whole line from the prelude?? I think I have one of those lying around.

Drift

Reaction score
Ohh, okay I see. Do you know if I can just avoid that by using the whole line from the prelude?? I think I have one of those lying around.

You might be able to do that, but for some reason I recall the master cylinder on the lude being further away from the slave cylinder. So my thoughts are that the linemight not reach. But I cant confirm or deny that statement. Sorry.

CHID0

Reaction score
Thanks for going through the trouble to revive these posts....:bowdown:

Still owe you a visit for the suspension when i pick em up:thumbsup: luckily the suspension has been holding up fairly well....

Drift

Reaction score
Thanks for going through the trouble to revive these posts....:bowdown:

Still owe you a visit for the suspension when i pick em up:thumbsup: luckily the suspension has been holding up fairly well....

Let me know when you want to come in. Im still not sure how the hell Im going to get that bolt out, you may not want to watch how it gets done. . . .

On another note. . . .

I just installed some Skunk2 Pro series cams and threw it back up on the dyno for my buddy Matt to do some recalibration.

Nickh22Skunk2cams.jpg

The blue is the Skunk2 cams, the green is the Type S cams.

For reference, a stock 08 STi makes about 198whp on our dyno. (Obviously the STi has a sh tload more torque.

I still have a 2" collector at the header, which is getting the oust this weekend. Im told that with a bigger collector he'll be able to pull out about 15 more whp.

cvjoint

Reaction score
Wow didn't realize you got cams in there now. Congrats!

I wasn't aware the Type S cams have so much kick in them. The Skunks seem to better them only after 6800 rpm or so. I was planning to go with the tuner series stage2 but now I don't know, I don't really want to rev it in that range that much anyhow. I finally went to 7800 rpm a couple of times the other day after a year of having the swap done. It's most definitely addicting but I'll try to resist it in hopes of keeping the H longer. How about the midrange, why is there no gain over the S cams? Isn't your idle higher somewhat now?

Your dyno sure is a hearbraker btw. I might try a roller dyno next to see just how much they can vary. I was told mine shouldn't put down less than 190whp on any dyno, but we'll see, I seriously doubt it now ha ha

In unrelated news...my powersteering pump is whining tremendously, I ordered a 95 ps pump from Majestic and that thing doesn't fit. Lesson learned: 4th generation PS is different that 5th Gen PS. There are two theories here, 1 my engine is 5th gen - seriously doubt it, 2. the swap shop used a PS pump from a 5th gen H22. Either way I hope Majestic replaces it for me.

Last edited:

Erik123456789

Reaction score
hey dude how much better r type s cams compared to the stock h22a4 ones? my bro has some and i might just trade him lol but is it worth it? or similar specs?

Drift

Reaction score
Wow didn't realize you got cams in there now. Congrats!

I wasn't aware the Type S cams have so much kick in them. The Skunks seem to better them only after 6800 rpm or so. I was planning to go with the tuner series stage2 but now I don't know, I don't really want to rev it in that range that much anyhow. I finally went to 7800 rpm a couple of times the other day after a year of having the swap done. It's most definitely addicting but I'll try to resist it in hopes of keeping the H longer. How about the midrange, why is there no gain over the S cams? Isn't your idle higher somewhat now?

Your dyno sure is a hearbraker btw. I might try a roller dyno next to see just how much they can vary. I was told mine shouldn't put down less than 190whp on any dyno, but we'll see, I seriously doubt it now ha ha

In unrelated news...my powersteering pump is whining tremendously, I ordered a 95 ps pump from Majestic and that thing doesn't fit. Lesson learned: 4th generation PS is different that 5th Gen PS. There are two theories here, 1 my engine is 5th gen - seriously doubt it, 2. the swap shop used a PS pump from a 5th gen H22. Either way I hope Majestic replaces it for me.

That graph was with a 2" collector. I have since changed my header collector to a 2.5" but I havent put the car back on the dyno. The small dip at 4100rpm is gone, and the torque should be well above the type s cams the rest of the way up the graph. That is speaking from the butt-dyno though, hopefully the real dyno can confirm that.

The low end torque is awesome though. It makes for such a great daily driver! I want to see 150ftlbs on our dyno though. Hopefully some cam gears can squeeze that out of those cams.

hey dude how much better r type s cams compared to the stock h22a4 ones? my bro has some and i might just trade him lol but is it worth it? or similar specs?

I never ran the a4 cams, so I cant comment on how they feel. But I can say that with a proper exhaust, you should be able to see 10-15ftlb of torque with the Type s cams. Maybe more with a tune, although I would never install something like that and not tuning for it after wards.

It takes like 3 hours to swap cams, just do it one day when he's at work. :lawl:

Erik123456789

Reaction score
I never ran the a4 cams, so I cant comment on how they feel. But I can say that with a proper exhaust, you should be able to see 10-15ftlb of torque with the Type s cams. Maybe more with a tune, although I would never install something like that and not tuning for it after wards.

It takes like 3 hours to swap cams, just do it one day when he's at work. :lawl:

Well the head is off right now so it will actually take me less than 5 minutes to do the trade, this is the same head that I will be using for the g23 conversion and if I have the opportunity to get some type s cams then I'm going to take advantage of it hehehe. And for the tuning.. I'll tune the car once my whole set up is complete and running.

Back