Anyone tried to double seal the doors?

robollama

Reaction score
I've been wondering if that would eliminate wind noise? Many luxury cars do the double seal thing... I'm thinking about picking up some auto weatherstripping and trying to make a double seal on the doors.

Anyone else ever tried this?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
technically we are double sealed and every other car is..theres a seal on the door itself..and also around the door opening frame.
now our doors may not be as tight as luxury as well as thick rubber..but our cars where not build for no road noise..you will have to spend alot more more money to semi quite your car down.

hondatech03

Reaction score
I think you would benefit more from dynomat

I agree. lol

32129_394754541642_627841642_4635985_4661812_n.jpg

24977_387407306642_627841642_4466963_5580193_n.jpg

talontsiawd

Reaction score
It's a pain but there is this putty type stuff to seal your doors better. You take a piece of paper and find any where it moves, add some until the paper doesn't move. You can do the same for the windows. This is a problem on all old cars but if you have a coupe, I can pretty much guarantee that your doors are sagging slightly.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
mass = quiet, no two ways about it.

dynamat is light, comparative to mass loaded vinyl, and a terrible noise barrier. lead is amazing but heavy and unwieldy, plus the whole cancer thing. glass is great, too (the reason why ****box cars have thin glass while luxury cars have double-pane glass all around).

the accord is a cheap car. buy a used flagship (RL, LS, S, 7, A8, etc) for a truly quiet car...

robollama

Reaction score
It's a pain but there is this putty type stuff to seal your doors better. You take a piece of paper and find any where it moves, add some until the paper doesn't move. You can do the same for the windows. This is a problem on all old cars but if you have a coupe, I can pretty much guarantee that your doors are sagging slightly.

How how can I fix this sagging? How do I even tell if they are lol

Back