2009 Mazda 6 i Touring

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
The new Mazda 6 looks a lot better
especially since they got rid if the altezzas and went with LED's
and with the V6 motor, they can competively compete with the Accord, Altima and Camry

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
ford owns mazda, the body i like the older style,and the engine ahhh its a ford

I don't mess with american cars period. I don't care what a domestic jerk says about his mustang or Pontiac. 90% of american cars are junk, there are few that are "alright" and might last u 200k with a lot of repairs. U can take the cheapest freakin honda or toyota and just occasionally do the oil changes and it will get u 200k, it might run like crap if thats all u did, but ive seen a few high mileage civics stay running even while ur beating the crap out of it.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
The new Mazda 6 looks a lot better
especially since they got rid if the altezzas and went with LED's
and with the V6 motor, they can competively compete with the Accord, Altima and Camry

ur joking right. mazda's have too many american or ford parts. the new camry looks way better than the new mazda. and as far as the engine in the v6 camry, i believe but dont "quote" me it has the same engine as the lexus is350 which shells out over 300hp. But for some reason in the v6 camry its only putting out around 280, might be because of different ecu tuning or upgraded exhaust in the is350, i dunno. But, that said, I have to say the new mazda might be competitive with hp numbers but DEFF. not in reliability.

Not to bash mazda, i love the rx7 but hate the navajo. How can you tell whats american or whats import. The only american engineered part in our automatic accords is the same part mass recalled. What are the odds? the same thing with my avalon, the only american engineered part. My rack and pinion, is the exact part that everyone has problems with in the 1st gen toyota avalons.

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
LOL, how the **** can you compare a Navajo to an RX7?? The Navajo was the same as the Explorer, which I might add had a bullet proof 4.0 V6. I had a 94 Explorer that had 189000 miles on it and still ran perfect when it was traded.

Furthermore, Mazda must be making something decent because Skip Barber Racing School uses the 3's and MX3's to train students and the 6 is used in pro SCCA Touring Car events.

2809160915_2091e6fab4.jpg

121406a.jpg

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
ur joking right. mazda's have too many american or ford parts. the new camry looks way better than the new mazda. and as far as the engine in the v6 camry, i believe but dont "quote" me it has the same engine as the lexus is350 which shells out over 300hp. But for some reason in the v6 camry its only putting out around 280, might be because of different ecu tuning or upgraded exhaust in the is350, i dunno. But, that said, I have to say the new mazda might be competitive with hp numbers but DEFF. not in reliability.

Not to bash mazda, i love the rx7 but hate the navajo. How can you tell whats american or whats import. The only american engineered part in our automatic accords is the same part mass recalled. What are the odds? the same thing with my avalon, the only american engineered part. My rack and pinion, is the exact part that everyone has problems with in the 1st gen toyota avalons.

2009 Camry (V6 268HP)

2009 Mazda 6 (V6 272HP)

2009 Accord (V6 271HP)

and Um, yeah....How can you compare the Mazda Navajo with the RX-7?

Granted, Mazda is only by Ford Motor Corporation, but Mazda is a separate intity of it's own.
I've had a Mazda Protege Turbo, and a 626 with absolutely NO problems
Now B4 Ford took over Mazda, THeir reliability was pretty good for that era. The 323,626, and 929 were pretty good cars.
Their only problem car was the......ready for this......THE RX-7 turbo.
It started with the first turbo model...THe turbo II and went on from there. The problem was the turbo's and oil pressure to the turbo's
THat's one reason why the RX-8 is naturally aspirated. Also because of the blunder of FORD MOROTR CORPORATION, The rx-8 was prestimated to have 250hp at teh crank, but after production and consumer availibility it was discovered the motor only produced 237hp. so as an incentive, Fords made two offers to people who purchased the car
1) they will buy the car back
2) they offered a $500 visa card.

IMO, I haven't had problems with Mazda cars. Even the cars I have modified.
But to be fair, EVERY car manufacture has or will have some type of issue with their models.
Just like Honda has had issues with their V6 trannies

Back