Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Garage > Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires

Register to remove these ads


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #111  
Old 12-03-2013, 01:19 PM
drax89 drax89 is offline
Member
Points: 8,920, Level: 28 Points: 8,920, Level: 28 Points: 8,920, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: houston
Posts: 48
Rep Power: 0
drax89 is somewhat reliable
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

Originally Posted by drax89 View Post
Ride quality over bumps and such?
Akoutmos...Your impressions of ride quality ?
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 12-03-2013, 01:46 PM
akoutmos's Avatar
akoutmos akoutmos is offline
Senior Member
Points: 15,033, Level: 37 Points: 15,033, Level: 37 Points: 15,033, Level: 37
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 919
Rep Power: 135
akoutmos has their shit togetherakoutmos has their shit togetherakoutmos has their shit togetherakoutmos has their shit togetherakoutmos has their shit together
Send a message via AIM to akoutmos
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

It is a little hard to say at the moment. I want to run a couple of tests to see. The car is a little noisey right now, but that could also be as a result of a couple of other things. The car still needs an alignment to be really ready and testable in terms of handling. But preliminary results are good .

Soon as i get some time and space i'll be posting some more on this.
__________________


???whp/???wtq @ 15psi (butt dyno says 260): Turbo Build / DIY Catchcan / Custom Downpipe / DIY Battery Relocate / Suspension Revamp / G23 Build
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-06-2013, 10:06 AM
PlowingLeaves! PlowingLeaves! is offline
Member
Points: 2,769, Level: 15 Points: 2,769, Level: 15 Points: 2,769, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 81
Rep Power: 16
PlowingLeaves! is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

Originally Posted by akoutmos View Post
It is a little hard to say at the moment. I want to run a couple of tests to see. The car is a little noisey right now, but that could also be as a result of a couple of other things. The car still needs an alignment to be really ready and testable in terms of handling. But preliminary results are good .

Soon as i get some time and space i'll be posting some more on this.
Tuned in for this! I need an excellent traction bar for my future turbo build
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-12-2013, 01:19 PM
AFAccord's Avatar
AFAccord AFAccord is offline
Senior Member
Points: 22,916, Level: 46 Points: 22,916, Level: 46 Points: 22,916, Level: 46
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Spangdahlem, Germany
Posts: 1,911
Rep Power: 199
AFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to all
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

Might be installing mine tomorrow.
__________________
2001 CG3 eCtune'd F23 417whp, 398wtq
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 12-16-2013, 07:09 PM
ESP.net ESP.net is offline
Member
Points: 5,299, Level: 21 Points: 5,299, Level: 21 Points: 5,299, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 34
Rep Power: 0
ESP.net is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo



I would say upon initial install things you will notice is how much more traction and how much the Front Torque Mount Kit aids traction. I have had mine on and off before on my DC2 it's a night and day difference.
__________________
www.ExplicitSpeedPerformance.net Custom Engineering/Fabrication/Motor Swaps
Motor Mount Kits/Traction Bar Systems/Solid 2/3/4 Point Strut Bars/ H22/H23/F20/F22
Alternator/Tensioner Kits/H2B compatible...
473 whp 373 ft lb trq @ 15 psi SC61 H23V Turbo Crx Sold
550 whp? DC2 H23V Turbo in works...
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12-16-2013, 09:26 PM
AFAccord's Avatar
AFAccord AFAccord is offline
Senior Member
Points: 22,916, Level: 46 Points: 22,916, Level: 46 Points: 22,916, Level: 46
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Spangdahlem, Germany
Posts: 1,911
Rep Power: 199
AFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to all
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

Originally Posted by ESP.net View Post


I would say upon initial install things you will notice is how much more traction and how much the Front Torque Mount Kit aids traction. I have had mine on and off before on my DC2 it's a night and day difference.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to install it. It sits so far forward that it interferes with my charge piping. I've been planning on raising the FMIC anyway which would require some adjusting of the charge pipes, but I'm afraid the traction bar is going to completely block the route I'm using right now. Also, there is absolutely no room to install the front torque mount without building a completely new down pipe and waste gate dump.

I understand these issues are specific to my setup, and would probably have been mitigated if I had the traction bar in place before finishing my build, but I have to admit it's quite irritating considering the money spent on this thing.

I'm 90% certain there's NOT going to be room for my charge piping either way, which means I might end up clocking the turbo 180 degrees and running the charge pipe up and over the PS and ABS modules, out behind the fender and back around to the front of the car. I'm not sure if this was over-looked during the design process or what, but I do know a lot of turbo guys route their charge piping the way mine is now, and this bar is proving to be quite an obstacle for a turbo setup.

The car is at the paint shop now, but I'll see what can be done with the piping situation as soon as I get it back and report back with photos one way or another. As for the torque mount, it's simply going to go back into the box until I have the time and patience to try re-routing the down pipe and waste gate dump.
__________________
2001 CG3 eCtune'd F23 417whp, 398wtq
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Russianred's Avatar
Russianred Russianred is offline
Snail Spools You!


Points: 48,368, Level: 68 Points: 48,368, Level: 68 Points: 48,368, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Maine [207]
Age: 31
Posts: 9,448
Rep Power: 168
Russianred is a name known to allRussianred is a name known to allRussianred is a name known to allRussianred is a name known to allRussianred is a name known to allRussianred is a name known to all
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via AIM to Russianred
Arrow Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

Great feedback Jason, thank you for taking one for the team and telling us about things which could use some improvement, or prove to be obstacles! I know my setup if quite similar to yours, and in the piping too, so it would probably be an issue for me if I chose to get it.. And I'd have to re-fab up a bunch of hardware .

I'll definitely get one, but not jumping at it right this second because that's quite the chunk of change, and the other factors are not in place to be modified yet.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 12-20-2013, 04:10 PM
ESP.net ESP.net is offline
Member
Points: 5,299, Level: 21 Points: 5,299, Level: 21 Points: 5,299, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 34
Rep Power: 0
ESP.net is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

Originally Posted by AFAccord View Post
Unfortunately I wasn't able to install it. It sits so far forward that it interferes with my charge piping. I've been planning on raising the FMIC anyway which would require some adjusting of the charge pipes, but I'm afraid the traction bar is going to completely block the route I'm using right now. Also, there is absolutely no room to install the front torque mount without building a completely new down pipe and waste gate dump.

I understand these issues are specific to my setup, and would probably have been mitigated if I had the traction bar in place before finishing my build, but I have to admit it's quite irritating considering the money spent on this thing.

I'm 90% certain there's NOT going to be room for my charge piping either way, which means I might end up clocking the turbo 180 degrees and running the charge pipe up and over the PS and ABS modules, out behind the fender and back around to the front of the car. I'm not sure if this was over-looked during the design process or what, but I do know a lot of turbo guys route their charge piping the way mine is now, and this bar is proving to be quite an obstacle for a turbo setup.

The car is at the paint shop now, but I'll see what can be done with the piping situation as soon as I get it back and report back with photos one way or another. As for the torque mount, it's simply going to go back into the box until I have the time and patience to try re-routing the down pipe and waste gate dump.
Sorry to hear about your issues on fitment with things. Unfortunately as a H/F guy my self not a whole lot of custom on shelf turbo manifold parts etc that wont require some work. Yes best thing is to purchase the Traction Bar System ahead of time to see what your obsticles are.

Send me some detailed pictures and I will see if I can make you a one off bracket. I can come down lower we do have the Lower Front Torque Mount Kit option on H/F's just requires new bracket and shorter rod. Please Email.

ExplicitSpeed360@aol.com
__________________
www.ExplicitSpeedPerformance.net Custom Engineering/Fabrication/Motor Swaps
Motor Mount Kits/Traction Bar Systems/Solid 2/3/4 Point Strut Bars/ H22/H23/F20/F22
Alternator/Tensioner Kits/H2B compatible...
473 whp 373 ft lb trq @ 15 psi SC61 H23V Turbo Crx Sold
550 whp? DC2 H23V Turbo in works...
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 12-20-2013, 05:11 PM
akoutmos's Avatar
akoutmos akoutmos is offline
Senior Member
Points: 15,033, Level: 37 Points: 15,033, Level: 37 Points: 15,033, Level: 37
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 919
Rep Power: 135
akoutmos has their shit togetherakoutmos has their shit togetherakoutmos has their shit togetherakoutmos has their shit togetherakoutmos has their shit together
Send a message via AIM to akoutmos
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

How did your charge pipes clear the stock brace? I'm trying to visualize it but can't :P. Pics maybe?? Good to see ESP offering to help.

What is the status of the strut bars you guys are working on?
__________________


???whp/???wtq @ 15psi (butt dyno says 260): Turbo Build / DIY Catchcan / Custom Downpipe / DIY Battery Relocate / Suspension Revamp / G23 Build
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 12-20-2013, 09:38 PM
AFAccord's Avatar
AFAccord AFAccord is offline
Senior Member
Points: 22,916, Level: 46 Points: 22,916, Level: 46 Points: 22,916, Level: 46
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Spangdahlem, Germany
Posts: 1,911
Rep Power: 199
AFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to allAFAccord is a name known to all
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

Originally Posted by akoutmos View Post
How did your charge pipes clear the stock brace? I'm trying to visualize it but can't :P. Pics maybe?? Good to see ESP offering to help.
Originally Posted by AFAccord
It sits so far forward that it interferes with my charge piping.
Basically it pinches off the opening between the lower radiator support and the bar which was wide open with the stock brace. I'll try to get some photos tomorrow when I visit the shop.
__________________
2001 CG3 eCtune'd F23 417whp, 398wtq
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!



Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3