Frankenstein bumper (SiR-T into 2 OEMs with a lip)

98acclude

Reaction score
I know this is an oldish thread now but does anyone have pictures of this? Im really curious! I bet this looks awesome!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Yeah I just saw him selling parts in the FB group. He got a Merc. E350 maybe...

98acclude

Reaction score
well damn it! everyone eventually gives up the ghost I guess! I refuse! haha but damn though I would've really liked to see what he had done! especially since Im in autobody school and I work full time doing it now! I'd just like to see his process in how it was done! it sounds interesting and Im always curious how people go about merging bumpers! I've seen some plastic welding to get the job done but I've also learned of this panel bond glue that they use in the field now to glue panels and structures together! Im acutally trying it out on my car just so I can see how it lasts in the long run! cause I dont wanna suggest something to someone I wouldnt use or isnt worth a damn! I think that makes a better body man.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
well damn it! everyone eventually gives up the ghost I guess! I refuse! haha but damn though I would've really liked to see what he had done! especially since Im in autobody school and I work full time doing it now! I'd just like to see his process in how it was done! it sounds interesting and Im always curious how people go about merging bumpers! I've seen some plastic welding to get the job done but I've also learned of this panel bond glue that they use in the field now to glue panels and structures together! Im acutally trying it out on my car just so I can see how it lasts in the long run! cause I dont wanna suggest something to someone I wouldnt use or isnt worth a damn! I think that makes a better body man.

I believe he sliced and diced 2 bumpers and made 1 out of it (or maybe it was 3 or 4, IDK I've slept since then). I remember seeing the pics before photo bucket took a dump on everyone's threads. He had a ton of work in it, and he used fiberglass filler on the joints to help smooth it out.

In your case, I think you could do the panel bond glue, with some metal backing it up. The thing about panel bond is that you need to be able to clamp it for it to do it's job. You might be able to use screws to temporary hold it together, then after it dries remove the screws.

capsidx

Reaction score
I remember that bumper lol. I really liked it and I think ill eventually try it myself. God knows i've been feeling brave lately. He also did cut two bumpers in half to make one.

Back