Brake help!

AcCoRdKiD23

Reaction score
Im changing my rear brake pads and the pistol on the caliper won't push back in..... I've tried just pushing it and C clamping it and it won't budge. Now I've taken the caliper apart and I can't figure out why this pistol won't move....someone please HELP!! :ugh: :confused:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Do you have a relief for the brake fluid to go? i.e. open the bleeder so you don't have to force fluid all the way back to the reservoir. It is hard as fuuuu to turn the piston but it will yield.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Did you put it back together correctly? Or did you try that before you took it apart? When the head of the piston is flush with the rubber boot around it, that's as far as it will go. The front calipers you compress, the rear calipers you turn. Mine turned pretty easily. Course they're a few years old, they were replaced in 2009 or so.

If everything is where it's suppose to be and turning does nothing...something is wrong.

AcCoRdKiD23

Reaction score
Did you put it back together correctly? Or did you try that before you took it apart? When the head of the piston is flush with the rubber boot around it, that's as far as it will go. The front calipers you compress, the rear calipers you turn. Mine turned pretty easily. Course they're a few years old, they were replaced in 2009 or so.

If everything is where it's suppose to be and turning does nothing...something is wrong.

No I took it aprt then I tried to spin it.... I'm working on it as we speak and it still all apart

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
When my piston became flush with the boot, it kept turning but didn't go anywhere. So basically when it's flush with the boot you're done.

Back