Ads

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
As you guys have probably noticed by now I added a few ads to the site. The way they work the ads should stay relevant to the info on the site instead of bogus ads about "herbal enhancements" or anything like that lol.

I tried not to get too crazy with them so they don't get in the way of everything. Just looking to cover server costs.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, the google one actually pay you or something, dont they? im not really liking the adds that in the middle of the thread tho, but w/e.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
yea, the google one actually pay you or something, dont they? im not really liking the adds that in the middle of the thread tho, but w/e.

yeah, pay based on clicks + views. i'm not working at all while i'm at school so having a way to have the server pay for itself would be nice. i'm thinking of adding a subscription membership thing where paying members wouldn't see ads but i know that personally i don't like sites that have subscriptions at all, so i doubt i'd do that. it'd probably be a low yearly fee if i did like $10 maybe, if that.

klee

Reaction score
Wildman said:
As you guys have probably noticed by now I added a few ads to the site. The way they work the ads should stay relevant to the info on the site instead of bogus ads about "herbal enhancements" or anything like that lol.

I tried not to get too crazy with them so they don't get in the way of everything. Just looking to cover server costs.

Maybe it would be better to move the ads towards the top of the page rather than embedding them in the threads? Just an idea.

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
Its all good. I'm with you 100%. Whatever you gotta do to save money. Espescially since you're not working while you're in school.. They really don't bother me, just don't add too many more. :D

LegendRacer22

Reaction score
What i have seen from other forum is that a lot of people sign up just to sell their extra parts and that's it instead of regularly reviewing and inputting into the forum.
so if you can find a way of charging a percentage of what those people sell would be an idea.

Back