RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

I've been looking for some aluminum scuff plates for the door sills for a while, came across a pair for a CD7 Accord which I didn't even know existed. The CD door sill is longer than the CG, but the scuff plate fits with maybe 1/8" of overhang at either end. I really like how it has the Honda emblem and then 'COUPE' embossed in it.

So to fit them to my sills I have to drill holes for the threaded posts on the plate to stick through, then fasten the washer and nut on the bottom. Pretty straightforward.

Gray CD sill next to tan CG (tried rotating this pic several times...stupid Photobucket)
temporary_46.jpg

Unmounted and cleaned up

temporary_47.jpg

Back of plate

temporary_48.jpg

Mounted to CG sill

temporary_52.jpg

Overhang:

temporary_51.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Installed. Pretty happy about these, they were only $24 each on Ebay and look right at home. I was starting to think I was going to have to buy some for another model and modify, etc.

temporary_53.jpg

Maybe we should start a club haha. Nice find!

Are these on your wagon? What year is it again? Mine are from a '97 apparently...can't believe we never got these.

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score

Are these on your wagon? What year is it again? Mine are from a '97 apparently...can't believe we never got these.

No, I have some for my 6th gen. They could probably fit my wagon though. The wagons are really similar to the 94-97 sedans except for the obvious fact it's a wagon. So your scuff plates are from a cd7. I wonder if it's easier to find them for the 94-97 accords because of the jdm support and what not.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Which ones are you putting on your 6thgen? Mine are from a wrecker in California but wondering if it was a JDM import. Did these come on USDM CD7's?

Jordan_H

Reaction score

^Which ones are you putting on your 6thgen? Mine are from a wrecker in California but wondering if it was a JDM import. Did these come on USDM CD7's?

I got some on eBay made for the 6thgen from someone selling them in Asia. I have a pic in my member's ride but not of them installed. I have some pics on Instagram jordan_harmston. I'll probably upload a pic later tonight if I remember.

Edit: pics as promised. It's one of those things you don't really notice but it really does make the car feel more luxurious. Also provided a pic of what it looks like stepping into my car. Will look a ton better with the black carpet.
image1_zpskqdtxz1y.jpg

image2_zpsnppiranm.jpg

Last edited:

kurtage77

Reaction score

You took what I wanted to do with my Accord and put it to life haha
I miss it so much!
Good work man!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Thanks buddy! Just curious, what do you miss about your coupe?

Back