Coilover install driver side problem help!

David_Van

Reaction score
Well i didn't know either to post it on this or on urgent but, i'm having trouble removing the stock struts on the driver side. any help would be appreciated!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
its pretty simple, especially in the front. itd help if you posted what exactly it was that you are having trouble with...there isnt much to have trouble with to begin with, haha.​

David_Van

Reaction score
Well the passenger side was really easy. when i removed the bottom bolt that holds the shock ,the one that goes through the shock fork at the bottom, there was a lot of pressure that pushed the bottom of the shock past the hole. now i can't get the old strut assembly off of the car.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
^ this. also, you ARE doing one end at a time as opposed to one SIDE at a time right? if you do it the other way around you will have pressure issues and hole alignment problems. :lawl: hole alignment. :lawl: again.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
word, leave the bottom of the fork attached...idk why people detach that part to do their suspension, ive never taken that fork out for anything haha. ive also always done it a corner at a time, so you dont really need to have one entire end of the car up either.

but yeah, leave the top of the shock attached and the bottom of the fork, remove the pinch bolt for the shock and just push or stomp down on the rotor and it should come out.​

Macsrule15

Reaction score
i'm 350 lbs and i couldnt stamp on my rotor hard enough to get my shock to come out of the fork the other day!!

i believe they are not all the same somehow haha i had the bolt completely out of the strut side of the fork and i stood ontop of my rotor and it didnt move enough.. and i mean really its 1 extra bolt to take the fork out.. no big deal

David_Van

Reaction score
Well, it went out great. I did the install by myself so i had no one to do the "step on rotor method. I just removed the sway bar or whatever it is. Much easier imo. Rears came off smoothly as well! gotta love that pb blaster haha. but i did snap like 3 allen wrenches trying to get the fork bolt to come off on the driver side front.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
you shouldn't have used allen wrenches... ? haha but im glad it worked out.

Back