f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Yeah, no problem. If you do end up having to get a new set just ask for Leroy, he's a supervisor there who resolved my issue.
Like I said earlier, if you're able get them professionally installed definitely do it, it will save you a lot more trouble.
If you do get a bum set, don't settle, keep trying to send you out a set and talk with Leroy, they should resolve it. Hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does, you're prepared now, lol.
Happy driving.

-ac

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just updated this thread with a picture (scroll down) of my new Koni/GC set up waiting to be installed! I'm extremely excited! Like I said in the update, I will be sure to post a detailed review of this set up and of my current.

Happy driving everyone!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice, congrats! Our rates are sort of close, I went with 600/450.

I installed mine myself and have some pictures still I think, so if you're doing it and have any questions feel free to ask.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm super excited to get them installed. I won't be doing it though, but thank you. I will check that out regardless. Dod you post a review to the suspension thread? I don't remember seeing one from you but I could be mistaken. I do remember a post by you talking highly about this set up though.
Yeah they are, how are those rates treating you? I wanted to go as stiff as possible w/o needing to revalve so I kept upping them. Plus I often drive my family so I wanted to compensate for any extra weight.
Thanks for the response!

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
UPDATE: Installed my Koni/GC setup, picture added to the bottom and a review posted to "THE Suspension Review Thread"
Also, updated some of the information noting what is current on my car (shift knob, suspension, etc.)
Let me know what you think, good or bad!

:thumbup:

Happy Driving,

Avery

phi1542

Reaction score
How are you liking the Cipher seats? I was thinking of getting the leather ones to replace my dying OEM ones lol but I heard some pretty bad reviews on how the fitment of the brackets and stuff were crap... Made me second guess it. Whats your review on them?

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
How are you liking the Cipher seats? I was thinking of getting the leather ones to replace my dying OEM ones lol but I heard some pretty bad reviews on how the fitment of the brackets and stuff were crap... Made me second guess it. Whats your review on them?

Hey Phi,

Uhm, they're alright haha. I'm a pretty slim guy (6', 145lbs) so take that into perspective. But yeah their somewhat comfortable for me although I have a weak lower back atm so it's hard to tell. Fitment wise, yeah they were hard to install, had to have someone sit on the seat and apply pressure to get the bracket in place to bolt it down, lol. Also the driver seat is like a different size than the passenger. The driver seat is a little bigger. I probably could have fabricated the buckle to be on the other side so I could have the passenger seat but that's a project for another day, lol. I hear there's a place in oc that specializes in aftermarket seats you can test out. I wanted a pair of seats to replace my worn in oem ones. I wish I could have sat in one though because I'm not 100% comfortable in my seat. The place with the seats is called Race Technologies! I would look there first!

phi1542

Reaction score
Hey Phi,

Uhm, they're alright haha. I'm a pretty slim guy (6', 145lbs) so take that into perspective. But yeah their somewhat comfortable for me although I have a weak lower back atm so it's hard to tell. Fitment wise, yeah they were hard to install, had to have someone sit on the seat and apply pressure to get the bracket in place to bolt it down, lol. Also the driver seat is like a different size than the passenger. The driver seat is a little bigger. I probably could have fabricated the buckle to be on the other side so I could have the passenger seat but that's a project for another day, lol. I hear there's a place in oc that specializes in aftermarket seats you can test out. I wanted a pair of seats to replace my worn in oem ones. I wish I could have sat in one though because I'm not 100% comfortable in my seat. The place with the seats is called Race Technologies! I would look there first!
Is their seats expensive? My reason for cipher is the price haha do they do in store only or online too because orange county is like 8hours away from me lol I'm starting to stray away from cipher because they seem to have common fitment issues and installation is a hassle. Any other seats for a good price? Recaro and stuff is expensive as hell. I might just reupholster my OEM ones instead for the same price lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Is their seats expensive? My reason for cipher is the price haha do they do in store only or online too because orange county is like 8hours away from me lol I'm starting to stray away from cipher because they seem to have common fitment issues and installation is a hassle. Any other seats for a good price? Recaro and stuff is expensive as hell

I'm not sure honestly. I went to a local Susie shop whom I heard would know of a racing seat shop and they told me this place has inexpensive to expensive racing seats, didn't throw out any numbers. Yeah my seats with the brackets (which took a little over 2 months to get because they make them when you buy) it came out to about 600. For 2 seats. Other seats, from what I've seen get up there. Although I saw a new recaro online for 800. Honestly, I would stay away from cipher if you can. Idk what your situation is like, mine is I'm tall and have a weak back, they didn't work for me and they're 2 diff sizes. They honestly might work for you, some companies in the aftermarket world are slippery, you know? Sometimes you get something awesome that works for you sometimes you don't, lol. Experience is teaching me wait and get the better option, the one with a better reputation and quality. It was fun doing it in the beginning though, trying different stuff out, some things considered...dare I say... rice lol. Don't worry I've calmed down since, haha. But yeah man, maybe you can ask around your local shops if they know of a place by you!

phi1542

Reaction score
I'm not sure honestly. I went to a local Susie shop whom I heard would know of a racing seat shop and they told me this place has inexpensive to expensive racing seats, didn't throw out any numbers. Yeah my seats with the brackets (which took a little over 2 months to get because they make them when you buy) it came out to about 600. For 2 seats. Other seats, from what I've seen get up there. Although I saw a new recaro online for 800. Honestly, I would stay away from cipher if you can. Idk what your situation is like, mine is I'm tall and have a weak back, they didn't work for me and they're 2 diff sizes. They honestly might work for you, some companies in the aftermarket world are slippery, you know? Sometimes you get something awesome that works for you sometimes you don't, lol. Experience is teaching me wait and get the better option, the one with a better reputation and quality. It was fun doing it in the beginning though, trying different stuff out, some things considered...dare I say... rice lol. Don't worry I've calmed down since, haha. But yeah man, maybe you can ask around your local shops if they know of a place by you!
Yeah I learned you get what you pay for so I might consider real seats in the future haha but the shop near me does the whole seat $325 each front/passenger so it's like the same price haha plus I keep my automatic driver seat :) thanks for the info!

Back