lowering question

Bryan5.casa

Reaction score
You guys quick question! Im planning to low my 6th gen cord with no gap on 18inch wheel... since im on a budget, which lowering spring should i get?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What is your budget? Suspension is very important, and it's not a modification you want to cheap out on. It is best to do it right the first time, otherwise you will just spend more time and money later replacing low quality parts. Save up more money if you cannot yet afford a quality suspension setup.

That said, if you want to completely eliminate wheel gap then you need more than just lowering springs. I would recommend going with a full coilover setup (what mose people have), or some good struts paired with coilover sleeves. I have Koni Yellows with Ground Control coilover sleeves and maybe 1 tight finger gap front and rear.

Do suspension first, then wheels. Once you get the car height where you want it, then you can figure out what wheel specs will work for the look you want. Tons of info on suspension and everything else, spend some time searching the site.

Last edited:

Excuses443/

Reaction score
Listen to Red. Coilovers are the way to go. Form and Function/Tien/CXRacing all make great sets. I put my 18's on then started messing with my ride height, but I was also adjusting the damper simultaneously. Also, beware of wheel offset. Mine are super aggressive (which I love) but it would be very tough for me to slam my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I have lowering springs on stock struts. Ride is fine for me. I'm not expecting factory comfy ride. The car is no track car. Sometimes I take turns fast and it sticks and goes where I want. I have no need for coil overs. If I had the money I would. But my family comes first.

Excuses443/

Reaction score
I have lowering springs on stock struts. Ride is fine for me. I'm not expecting factory comfy ride. The car is no track car. Sometimes I take turns fast and it sticks and goes where I want. I have no need for coil overs. If I had the money I would. But my family comes first.

Nam, keep an eye on Craigslist and the classifieds here. If you want coilovers, there are some great deals for these model Accords.

Varnell

Reaction score
Coilovers are definitely the smartest way to go. Keep in mind not all brands will enable you to tuck tire, though.

Excuses443/

Reaction score
I feel you. I have a 1 1/2 finger in the rear and a 1 finger in the front and my damper set to the stiffest it will go so I don't rub. (My 18's stick out about an inch.

Excuses443/

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you live, but CL has some FF type 1's for 350+ shipping from Texas I think.

Back