Gas range

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Yup, my wife's car gets 28-29 at 80 with the AC and the cruise on.

The V6 gets better mileage, because it's tuned to run lean, and it doesn't have to work as hard as the 4 cylinder does.

Student005

Reaction score
19mpg at 85 seems terrible. I get 27mpg doing 85 in my 5 speed f23 sedan.

Yea that’s what I’m saying! Lol there’s gotta be something wrong I just haven’t looked into it. But I’m gonna be doing a 5 speed swap soon so hopefully that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Yea that’s what I’m saying! Lol there’s gotta be something wrong I just haven’t looked into it. But I’m gonna be doing a 5 speed swap soon so hopefully that helps

When is the last time you checked your dizzy rotor, housing, plugs, and plug wires? Air filter? Is your catalytic converter clogged or imploded clogging the exhaust system?

Student005

Reaction score
When is the last time you checked your dizzy rotor, housing, plugs, and plug wires? Air filter? Is your catalytic converter clogged or imploded clogging the exhaust system?

Did the plugs and plug wires around same time as the air filter which was probably six months or so ago. I haven’t looked at the rotor or housing recently but you think replacing them might help? I have a whole brand new dizzy laying around from my old motor. I don’t know about the cat but I think the previous owner had it replaced because it looks like some muffler shop welds on each side of it. How might I tell if my cat is shot out?

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
A worn rotor doesn't help any.

As for the cat. I knew mine imploded because the exhaust sounded really backed up and the car didn't have much power. And it sounded like the exhaust was clogging up. I went down there and shook the muffler and exhaust pipes and could hear the chunks and converter dust in the exhaust line.

Student005

Reaction score
A worn rotor doesn't help any.

As for the cat. I knew mine imploded because the exhaust sounded really backed up and the car didn't have much power. And it sounded like the exhaust was clogging up. I went down there and shook the muffler and exhaust pipes and could hear the chunks and converter dust in the exhaust line.

Okay I might have to do that this weekend because I was messing with my muffler the other day and heard some stuff clanking around in there so I’ll probably just gut my cat since Florida isn’t an emissions state. Thanks for the help man.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Okay I might have to do that this weekend because I was messing with my muffler the other day and heard some stuff clanking around in there so I’ll probably just gut my cat since Florida isn’t an emissions state. Thanks for the help man.

Yeah, thank god Florida doesn't do emissions... Can't stand the damn state to tell me if my car is good or not. Especially those inspection stickers, those were a pain to remove (my car still has the residues from the PA state inspection stickers).

Student005

Reaction score
Yeah, thank god Florida doesn't do emissions... Can't stand the damn state to tell me if my car is good or not. Especially those inspection stickers, those were a pain to remove (my car still has the residues from the PA state inspection stickers).

Try Goo-Gone. You can find that at vatozone as well, heard good things about it.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Just found out my half tank with this gas fill up is between 170-175 miles (that's with A/C on)... Planning on filling up Saturday or sunday, depending if I can make it that far... tomorrow I will be adding 60 miles, friday will be 15 miles and Saturday will probably be either 40 miles or 80 miles.

Try Goo-Gone. You can find that at vatozone as well, heard good things about it.

Do they have it in like 1 oz bottle or something? I don't want a spray can of that stuff.

Student005

Reaction score
Just found out my half tank with this gas fill up is between 170-175 miles (that's with A/C on)... Planning on filling up Saturday or sunday, depending if I can make it that far... tomorrow I will be adding 60 miles, friday will be 15 miles and Saturday will probably be either 40 miles or 80 miles.

Do they have it in like 1 oz bottle or something? I don't want a spray can of that stuff.

Yes there’s a huge bottle in the wash n wax isle and there’s a tiny one in the bondo/paint isle.

Back