[Need Help]Car alarm

crosed

Reaction score
Hello.
i try to understand for DIY car alarm from this forum.
but i really dont understand for the relay.
i waste my whole day for this,but nothing.. :bash:
here are my alarm system and wire.

IMG_0024_zps7969184b.jpg

IMG_0025_zpsd612ec32.jpg

IMG_0026_zps5de3998e.jpg

IMG_0027_zpscece3785.jpg

IMG_0029_zps59a6e979.jpg

see the number in the picture,thats i need help from 6thgen-ers..
i appreciate your help boss..
:beer:

001Stunna

Reaction score
I mentioned this in the PM you send me...

I would strongly suggest you not tackle this on your own if you have not worked with wiring or installed an alarm before. Saving some $$ and possibly causing a fire is not worth it.

With that said...from your diagram it seems the one relay you DO have is for the ignition connections. The other 2 relays pictured could be for other "option" functions and not standard with everymodel(ie. rear defogger etc)

If you still want to do this alone this will help you with where to find the wiring on the car...
vehicle_Page_1.jpg

vehicle_Page_2.jpg

crosed

Reaction score
I mentioned this in the PM you send me...

I would strongly suggest you not tackle this on your own if you have not worked with wiring or installed an alarm before. Saving some $$ and possibly causing a fire is not worth it.

With that said...from your diagram it seems the one relay you DO have is for the ignition connections. The other 2 relays pictured could be for other "option" functions and not standard with everymodel(ie. rear defogger etc)

If you still want to do this alone this will help you with where to find the wiring on the car...
vehicle_Page_1.jpg

vehicle_Page_2.jpg

thanks..but i like to do by myself..
so,how i do with this relay?i mean what wire should i connect to this relay?cause i just for alarm and trunk only..
if the trunk can't,then ok..

001Stunna

Reaction score
thanks..but i like to do by myself..
so,how i do with this relay?i mean what wire should i connect to this relay?cause i just for alarm and trunk only..
if the trunk can't,then ok..

What alarm system is this?
Is it an alarm or a car starter as well?

001Stunna

Reaction score
Unless you consider setting a fire to your car as learning then...ok.
From the diagram you posted I have no idea what those green and blue wires are for .

I have not bothered installing any of my car alarms simply for the reason as its pretty easy to cut/snip the wrong wire with hundreds of wires under the dash. If you want to do it...LOOK AT the diagram I posted above. It shows where the wires you need are located in YOUR car and their colors. Read through whatever manual you got with your cheap alarm and use some tape to label all the wires(where they connect/what color wire). I would strongly suggest on soldering all your connections...if not then at least make sure everything is tightly together and use heat shrink tubing. Disconnect the battery to avoid any issues if you accidentally short circuit something.

For an alarm only i believe you should only need to tap two of the wires to the ignition constant power and you shouldn't need a relay for them(at least my old 1way alarm had none), and the rest is just tapping into door locks, door open sensors, dome light, parking lights, installing hood level switch, trunk opener(Not on LX). Rear defrost I believe needs a relay but that option is usually only on alarm/starter combos only.

Someone else who has gone through installing their own alarm in their car with success can chime in for more info...
cheap alarm..for learning :henry:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAR-ALARM-C...iter_Display:2.3L&hash=item2576693c66&vxp=mtr

ok,so i the green and blue wire i have to connect it directly,withouth relay.is that right?

lashlee

Reaction score
I've been installing for nearly 20 years and would not recommend trying to install an alarm as a learning experience. Like others are noting it's not something to learn when you are messing with the wiring of your car, with something that possibly could set fire to your ride. The first two or three alarms that I installed were with the veteran installer looking over my shoulder before I started to install them on my own. Take everyone's advice and get some help. If you don't understand the purpose of the relays means this may be outside the scope of your understanding.

crosed

Reaction score
i try to understand,my relay is SPDT relay when the coil not energized

just confused where to connect the number
85 as yellow wire should be go to 12v constant or ignition?
87a as big yellow wire ?
30 as a big yellow wire ?

lashlee

Reaction score
Since you are determined, here is some required reading: Relays explained

I really feel you should seek someone local that can give you some real time advice, face to face.

crosed

Reaction score
Since you are determined, here is some required reading: Relays explained

I really feel you should seek someone local that can give you some real time advice, face to face.

im done today!!but only
1.hazard wire location
2.headlight wire locatin
anyone can tell me with pictures for hazard and headlights wire locatin?

Back