Spec D I/H/E

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried the Spec D CAI/H/E?

I know it's cheap but I'm not looking for performance gains. Just free up some flow, gain some throttle response, and make some more noise so i can more accurately rev match by ear.

I have a small vaccuum leak in my intake and it seems this cold air intake at $50 is cheaper than finding an OEM one.

And the header and cat back exhaust can be had for less than $250.

Im not made of money and this car is my daily work car. I shift like a granny and don't shift like a racer. The car has 211k miles and is going strong.

phi1542

Reaction score
I have an ebay cold air intake with a K&N filter and it works fine. The fitting was bad and I had to bend the support to line it up right. Overall I'm fine with the intake. So if you get that CAI I recommend changing the filter since Spec D filter might not be all that good. As for header and exhaust. I heard the cheap ebay headers dont fit right and crack easy. The exhaust a lot of people say sound terrible. Very loud and raspy. Have you looked into OBX headers? I think those arent too expensive. For an exhaust you can buy a muffler and resonator and have a shop fabricate it. Its cheaper than buying a name brand exhaust kit

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Yeah I guess I'll just go resonator and muffler. I just want a deep throaty sound so I can better rev match my downshifts.

Back