Key fob wont open trunk 99 sedan

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
Ive been wanting to fix my trunk latch that only opens from the inside pull latch. I thought it was going to be the trunk actuator. Bought a brand new Honda factory replacement, installed, and still nothing doing. Replaced key fob with a brand new battery (Cr2025). All lights on key fob light up nice and bright when buttons are pressed. The unlock and lock buttons work fine but not getting anything from the trunk and do no hear any moment from the actuator motor. One other thing i noticed is my spare key fob is no longer working? Does anyone know how to reprogram them? Any tips always appreciated.

Accordx

Reaction score
I'm not an expert by any means on them as it looks like the previous owner installed mine (there's some funky wiring) but I have a thing where I'll hold the button to open the trunk and it unlocks the trunk but it doesn't actually pop up. I usually just pull up on my spoiler lightly and it pops up. Doesn't really sound like your issue but could be it. I have an aftermarket system if that helps.

Back