rivet-on fender flares

White6GAV6

Reaction score
It all depends on offsets and camber. i have wicked tuning rear upper arms and powertrix rear lower arms. It the best option available for the rear IMO. The fronts I have TruHart upper control arms. They offer the best adjustability. The problem with front camber is that the spindle, the part that connects the lower control arms and upper control arm, get in the way and hits the coilover. I shaved mine down and made it more of a U shape so that it rolled off the the coilover. This also ground down my coilovers. Front camber on our chassis is a pain. And it's either really destructive or really expensive to do it right and not ruin parts.

Yes that car has metal flares

snydas1987

Reaction score
yeah i got the powertrix lower rear arms and im buying the adjustable top arm for the rear too. so i should be able to run the camber im after in the rear and then hopefully with the adjustable upper arms on the front and the adjustable mounts for the front that go between the chassis and the upper arms il be able to get the same camber you had setup on the front, like 6*-7.5*. So how much metal did you have to take off the spindle section to clear it with that camber? also would doing this be dangerous due to weakening that part or is there enough metal there to be safe to take some away?
Did you end up running the adjustable camber top plates on the front struts? -I think if i get a set of them that will really help with clearance around the coilover hey?
thanks for your info, i should be starting to put my suspension in over the next few weeks i hope. I think my Function n Form type 2 coilovers should be turning up today and iv already got most of the camber kits, just one more order to make for the top rear arm and the mounts for between camber arm n chassis for the front which il be getting these 2 pieces in 1 order. and iv got the front n rear sway bars already with moogs links too.

So can anyone tell me how much natural camber our cars get from being slammed on stock suspension arms(un-adjustable)?
cheers

snydas1987

Reaction score
when i checked out wicked tuning rear arms they say they only go to -2* neg camber and 3.5-4* + camber. is this correct or is it actually 4* neg camber in our terms?? just a queary hey..
cheers

Varnell

Reaction score
From the searching I've done, this is the closest thing I've seen to a Rocket Bunny kit for our cars.

3012d1065134715-19-rh-c2s-6th-gen-accord-joe.jpg

snydas1987

Reaction score
So i got in contact with a few local guard rolling n flaring/pulling guys yesterday. Iv settled with the guys from Queen St Customs, Iv seen alot of their work at the custom car shows that are around our state and i can say they do top notch work. So I got quoted for $130 to $150 per each guard for them to be pulled a fair bit plus they'll roll the guard lip back aswell for that price which is $59 on its own just to roll the lip on each guard.
So im pretty happy for the quote iv got and they'll just need the car for a whole day which works well. This is australian money too so prices will be off for anyone else in different countries ok.
cheers guys
snyds

Jordan_H

Reaction score
So about $100 in U.S. Currency. That seems pretty expensive for that. Why go with this instead of your widebody idea?

snydas1987

Reaction score
its not just getting the guards rolled they will be pumping n pulling them out a fair bit too.
I like the wide body flare idea but id rather have my guards all metal and 1 piece. I haven fully decided yet but im leaning towards having them pulled. If i go the fender flares it'll be so i can fit some super wide 18"s on it. Im going for 18" x 10" +15 with just having my guards pulled/pumped.
Its a big decision hey, im just worried the fender flares will look cheap and not match the VIP Stance style im going for..??

Back