brake lights all four not just corners????

AztecaPrincesa

Reaction score
ok so i have my 6gen and i have a cb7, i was curious is there a way i can make it so when i press my brake all four tail bulbs light up just like a cb7 do i need to get different plugs or rewire? Any ideas are greatly appeciated...:beer:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I have changed the way the lighting works in my tails, but I eliminated functions as opposed to adding.

My guess would be you need to identify the brakelight lead and tap into it, then add a wire running from the tap to the plastic port the bulb plugs into where you want to have a brake light.

I don't know if the port you want to add brakelight capability to will have a space to add the new you added, you may need to replace this port with ones your existing brake light bulbs plug into. Or if you don't care about keeping the parking light function in the inner tails you could just identify and cut the dim lead and put the brake lead wire you added into where the dim was.

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
FYI. Your current inner bulbs only run with one lighting wire. The outer bulbs have 2 lighting wires...one for drl, one for when you press the brakes. Hence brighter light when brakes are pressed.

To do what you're trying i'd suggest.
-Get a set of bulbs just like the ones you run in the outer tails (2 lighting wires)
-Insert those bulbs in the inner 2 tails.
****First maybe test that the outer bulb from what you have right now will fit in the inner spot though so you dont buy things for no reason****
-Tap into the brake signal wire from the outer 2 tails and run it into the inner bulbs. Might have to do some testing on which lead to connect it to.

Pretty much now you'll have all tail lights coming on with drls, and all turning brighter when brakes are pressed.

*To make your wiring easier maybe try and get your hands on 2 connectors with pigtails from the outer two brake lights

Back