Removing chrome window trim

Crimzon

Reaction score
Yikes... Well since I can't take all the pieces off to paint then I guess I'm going the tape route. Seems that everyone has been happy with their results. I'm too lazy/unskilled to mask everything up and paint it on the car. And I can only imagine how pissed I'd be if it got scratched or chipped!

Pics to come as soon as I locate a store that carries Trimbrite blackout tape. No luck so far. By the way if anyone is interested the part# is T9005 and the roll size is 1 3/8" x 20'

emii

Reaction score
cool thing about plasti dip is that it peels off. im pretty certain the only way you would scratch your car is if you didnt do it right. if you're that scared, just use paper towels. if it does scratch anyways, its nothing a little meguiars cant fix :D

PEPSI411

Reaction score
i just ordered some plasti-dip from summit racing. $12 a can of aerosol. looks promising will post pix when i get around to this :naughty:

scrapnav6

Reaction score
trim brite. 8 doll hairs, if you mess it up take it off, can't do that with paint. Look at my members ride page for refrence, had it for over a year

emii

Reaction score
trim brite. 8 doll hairs, if you mess it up take it off, can't do that with paint. Look at my members ride page for refrence, had it for over a year

you can remove plasti dip. you just take a knife and peel it up at the edge and it'll come off no problem

Back