distributor or fuel pump

Looneytune

Reaction score
I been having trouble starting my car it just started to i drive a 99 v6 coupe it still has a spark in the distributor and cranks over but does not come on... But after letting it sit for a while it comes on any ideas?

Crimzon

Reaction score
If it were any other car I'd start with the fuel pump but from what I've heard they almost never go bad on Hondas.

I'm not sure, but to me it sounds like the engine is getting flooded somehow.

Looneytune

Reaction score
Thats another thing i've heard today to. The dude told me to drive it around for a while and thats what i've done but i haven't tried to start it since then.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
when my car would crank up like 20mins later..after the 1st try,it was my battery, could check the voltage on that..If you can get it started take it up to autozone or w.e and have them test your battery and starter to scratch them off the list*its free for them to test*

and no there just a big fuse..believe only honda offers them,dont think the part stores quite match up exactly if I remember correctly..

Looneytune

Reaction score
Yeah thats what i did wait a few minutes and it would start back up... But im taking it to autozone today.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
and if you put your car onto the II just before crank.turn off ur music and you should be able to hear your fuel pump click on and run for a min..so try that also for a fuel pump test.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
unless if you have any CEL for cyp sensor there shouldn't be problem with your dizzy. fuel pumps have basically a unlimited life rating :jae:

start off with the battery ;)

Back